Baby shower and Hubby...to go or not go?

So just wondering if any of you had your spouse or S/O attend the baby shower? My husband wanted to come and was excited about it, and I wanted him to come too. However his male friends who aren't able to come are giving him a hard time about being there and now he's wanting to back down and not go. I always thought it would be okay for the dad to attend, after all the baby shower is really for the baby not for us. Just wondering what you guys have done. Thank you.. TGIF!!!

LuvmyFam6

Asked by LuvmyFam6 at 12:04 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh yes, my baby showers my husband was there and even helped with them with the person giving it. We went to a co-baby shower a couple months back of his co-workers wife that was pregnant with their first and there were just as many men there as women. His friends haven't moved with the times yet and to be honest now days it seems that is how baby showers are going, which I say "it's about time", I mean the man helps create the child just as much as the woman and should feel just as involved and responsible for them so he should also be included in baby showers. Tell your hubby he's not the only man to have gone, trust me I know many men that have gone and do go to baby showers, just let him know it shows he's more man than his friends since he doesn't back down on invitations.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 1:24 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My DS was the first child for my (now ex) DH (I had a daughter already) & the first grandchild/great-grandchild in DH's family. His family threw a shower & we had everyone there. The ladies went out on the back porch & did the gifts & the guys did their thing in the house. Then we had lunch together. But we didn't do any of the games or anything so that worked for us. I've know a lot of Dads who have attended showers & it worked out great. Just have fun!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:07 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I think it is great when men are at baby showers. My husband was deployed, so he wasn't at any of my baby showers, but I had some of the male attorney's come to my Work baby shower. They were great sports and participated in all the games. The shower my MIL threw for me in Tennessee excluded all of the men including my dad. They went off and did something on there own. Which was fine.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:16 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My husband is going with me to mine, I think hes even more excited about it than I am. The baby shower is really for the baby and after all hes the father. I think it shows how mature and supporitive the man is when he attends things like that and his friends clearly need to grow up.
    TiffanyMarie577

Answer by TiffanyMarie577 at 2:11 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i loved having my husband at the baby shower. and we had it to were anyone who wanted to come could. there were babies, kids, my/his family, my/his friends. we played all kinds of games. and if u didn't want to play fine by me. we had a blast and the best part...he got the batman diaper bag he really wanted!
    teddybear2272

Answer by teddybear2272 at 3:41 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I don't like men at "baby showers" I like when there is an opportunity for just the girls to get together and celebrate this. Then we can share birth stories and be comfortable without the guys there. I love my husband. But I also LOVE to leave the kids with my dh and go relax with the girls! Why not just have a co ed BBQ kind of thing instead? If he is the only guy there he will probably be uncomfortable :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:10 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I think it depends on the shower. If it is being thrown by your girlfriends then he should not go. If it is being thrown by family then I think he should be able to go. If other guys will be there then he should go. My church threw me a shower and it was just women but my family threw me a shower and my husband was there along with his dad and brother-in-law, ect.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 12:15 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Well my baby shower is this weekend..this will be our last baby (hopefully). He's been planning to go this whole time but some of our friends husbands who have to stay home and watch their kids while their wifes attend the shower are giving him crap..yes the baby shower is not for them...it's not their baby but they still managed to get into my husband's head and now he wants to back down. Initially I wanted to bring my kids because they all wanted to be a part of that but then I got a hassle with that because we put on the invitation "kids 11 years and older only" so only my daughter is coming. I feel like I've already sacrificed a little bit (for everyone else) with not having my other 2 kids there. I don't want to force him but at the same time I wanted us to share this together. Now he thinks it's weird for him to be there.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:21 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Co-ed baby shower. That would be fun.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:22 PM on May. 29, 2009

• If he wants to then let him. Usually in my family the father will come at the end to help load everything,
    yaffamommy

Answer by yaffamommy at 12:26 PM on May. 29, 2009