Are kittens more easier to train?

I want a little kitten, are they smarter than dogs and less stinky?

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 12:05 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have 5 cats, two are still kittens one is a year and 2 are almost 10 years old. they are very easy to train, I am still trying to train my husband, yes Kittens are easier than that!! They actually train themselves!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:33 PM on May. 29, 2009

• puppies tend to pee or poop anywhere lil kitten learn fast about the liter box. and if you want the kitty to hug you start teaching it to hug thats what i did and now she hugs anyone and its so cute and it take a puppy 1 year to learn not to chew, get in trsh and the kitten will only play with plants but will not kill them
    Anonymous

• If you are asking simply about house training, yes kittens are easier. Put the litter box where they can get to it easily and after they eat put them in it and take their front feet in your hands and make digging motions with them. They "get it" right away. Occasionally, (not often) they will dig in the litter and still poop over the edge, but this is rare. You have to keep the litter box clean though, they won't use it if it is dirty, and it will stink if it's dirty.

Puppies are harder to housebreak, using a crate works. and you take them outside every half hour or so. But when they get older puppies will play more with you. I have never seen a cat play "fetch" or do tricks, and you can't walk a cat on a leash. (Well my mom can, but I never saw anybody else do it!)

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:29 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Ive had dogs my WHOLE LIFE... But last week kittens wondered into our backyard & DH thankfully knows more about cats than i do-- we simply put them in the litter box -- took their paws & dug into the litter & WHAM they where trained! They never made a mess & always went to their boxs! (DOGS WOULD NEVER DO THAT!)..
    It seems if kittens are around a litter box they will usually always train themself where to go.. I wish I would have known this years ago!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:30 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Two things I learned that I didn't know: don't put the litter box anywhere by their food and keep it in a less trafficked, more private area. Also, have many scratching posts, I bought the cardboard kind but he really liked a thick piece of pine wood. He never liked the carpeted or twine sort. Cats need attention during the day, even if they seem to be sleeping. They are so much fun to play with.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 2:49 PM on May. 29, 2009