what is considered and inregular period?

Here is the thing since I had my 2nd DD almost 17 months ago my periods are anywhere from 24 to 29 days when before I had her they were exactly every 28 days. Are they still considered regular? When are they considered inregular?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes I believe they are still regular. A couple of days is still considered regular. Irregular would be bleeding between periods or constantly bleeding. My sister hasn't had a child yet but her periods have been irregular since she was 15 and she is 24 now. She bleeds more in a month then she is off of her period. I use to bleed twice a month. It's nice not having a period anymore and still being young enough to enjoy life and wear the cute clothes and bathing suits. I had to have a hysterectomy when I was 30. Best thing I ever done for myself. You are fine honey. You are still very much normal.
    CasualCandles

Answer by CasualCandles at 12:25 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I would think if they consistently fall between 24 and 29 days, that would be considered regular. I think when you have a 28 day cycle one month, 68 the next, 45 the next, etc....that is irregular. Of course, this is just my opinion. I don't know what the medical profession considers irregular.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 12:09 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Unfortunetly, it's considered in the normal range. I haven't had my first baby yet, so maybe mine will become very consistent. But, when I asked my doctor when I was trying to conceive that it was in the normal range. And that some women are only lucky enough to have it fall the same every month.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:17 PM on May. 29, 2009