Where should I get tattoos?

I am wanting to get 3 tattoos. First my daddy passed away last June, and I have a check he wrote right before he passed. Well I am wanting to get his first name in his handwriting and the chinese symbol for father, and with it get my mama's name in her handwriting with the symbol for mother. I want those 2 next to each other. The other one I want is my daughter is 5 and recently learned to write her name so I want her name in her handwriting. I really don't know where to get these. I want them in places that I can show them off, but can also be covered if I want. My back near my shoulders is out, I got one there last year and it hurt like hell. So anyone have any suggestions, where to get them. And if I should add anything to them?

TeriMelisa

Asked by TeriMelisa at 12:19 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• im irish and italian and i have a 4 leaf clover with the word Amor'e through it. its on my shoulder. you could get 2 4 leaf clovers, 1 for mom and 1 for dad and put their names in their hand writing through them. as far as where to put it.. im not sure what their names are so maybe ankles? and your daughter you could ger a cutebutterfly and her name in that. but again where to put it?? your foot maybe? i hope this helps.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 1:26 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Those sound like really cool ideas. I have tattoos on both ankles, my lower back, & upper arm. They are all easily hidden. You could do Mother on one ankle & father on the other. Maybe put your daughter's name on your lower back. I would say make sure you put that one in a place where you could add to it if you have another child in the future. Upper arm works well as it is easily hidden under typical work clothes & it was the least painful of any of my tattoos. My sister has tattoos on the insides of both lower arms & she can hide them with long sleeves. You need to evaluate your clothing style & figure out what parts you always have covered & what you want to be able to show. Have fun & I hope they turn out great. Oh, and I am so sorry about your Dad.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:27 PM on May. 29, 2009

• well its your body.. but i would put it where the heart is you can cover it and show it off and if you put it where the heart is really it will be inportant case you have it where your heart beat all the time and you think of them all the time and you love them..
    Anonymous

• I love tattoos on the feet. They are so cute, I have 2! But don't get chinese symbols unless you are chinese. I think that is so silly!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:38 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Are you Chinese? Why are you having Chinese symbols? Why don't you get writing or symbols from your culture/nationality?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:40 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Well I am english, irish, scottish, and cherokee indian. I just didn't want to write mom and dad under them. I have no idea of our family crests or anything, so can't use them.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 12:51 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I don't have any tattoos, but my friend does, and she got hers on her lower back. That way she can hide them if she's at work, looking for a job, at church, school functions, etc. Some people have rude remarks to make when they see a woman with a tattoo and automatically assume she's ....I don't know a word other than what my friend says...trashy. On your lower back, you can lift your shirt to show them off , but easily hide them when you need to.
    I hope I don't sound rude....I have several friends with tattoos, but one in particular had trouble deciding like you are.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 1:06 PM on May. 29, 2009

• your back, ribs, stomach is the best place for a tattoo if you are wanting to hide it... If you put them on your chest, legs, feet, arms your clothing wear will be limited (when u go to a funeral or dress function a woman usually shows her feet easily because of our footwear.
    If the tattoos are important to you just remember the pain is only temporary & they are tattoos so everywhere is going to be pain... also anywhere with not alot of fat is said to be more painful (like feet)... My DH said his most painful tattoos were his calfs (he has both calfs, both upper arm, 1 forearm (sleeve) & back).....
    (Personally I want a tattoo going down my ribs *OUCH!* but i refuse until I lose weight lol)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:17 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Oh... If you change your mind on the chinese symbols, there is alot of other options out there. it may not say mother but puting their birth flower may look great. or maybe something that is special to them ..
    For example: my tat i want will be a vine with symbolism --- a frog for my sister, a ladybug for my dad (he called me lovebug) a sunflower for bff, ect. ect ....
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:20 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Indian has alot of symbols and the english/irish/scottish have really great script. You could do something more personal using these.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:21 PM on May. 29, 2009