Selling coffee at a yard sell.

Has anyone sold coffee and muffins or cookies at their yard sale and if so was it worth the time? Would you buy coffee at a yard sale?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My neighbor does that at her yard sale...if it is early in the morning, older people enjoy the coffee (and if it is cooler outside). You could try the food, but people are sometimes iffy about buying food from a stranger. If you do, make sure that you wrap everything individually in plastic wrap. You will be more likely to sell it that way.
    wyattsmommy626

Answer by wyattsmommy626 at 1:12 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I might. It's not any different than buying at a bake sale and I sometimes do that. It would depend on if you were selling a bunch of dirty items because then I might think your house was dirty and wouldn't buy it.
    Anonymous

• coffee at a yardsale yep i sure would! A cookie would be nice 2 but like anon said it depends on how dirty everything was looking that you had laying outside.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:07 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My neighbor does every year and she makes a ton of money on the homemade cookies, brownies and fresh coffee. She even does banana bread.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I've sold coffee before, and cans of soda. It goes over well! I would buy some "hot beverage" cups with lids.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 11:02 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Usually when I go I have had my Coffee. So I don't want another cup. Plus+ I live in the rural & if I'm going to many Sales I won't have A ladies room near by! But that's me! As for Cookies or Muffins, cup cakes! I may if they look good, or if A Child Asks me to!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:14 PM on May. 30, 2009

• What a good idea! We're having a garage sale next weekend. My son was wants to make his own money but doesn't really want to give up anything of his to sell. He can have a lemonade stand or sell cookies. Like the pp said....it is hard to say no to a kid.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 7:19 PM on May. 31, 2009