What's your opinion on Stonehenge?

Do you think the stones hold any mystical value?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:44 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that it was some sort of religious worshiping epicenter of that time. I think that it was much bigger than what they believe that it is.
    Anonymous

• For some religions, yes
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 12:49 PM on May. 29, 2009

• It was obviously an important place of worship and some of that energy is still there. It is only a small part of a larger complex that seems to have had religious significance, though possibly social significance (instead or as well). It now has a mystical value because we can only make educated guesses as to what the uses were like thousands of years ago.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:00 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I don't know about mystical powers, but that's my dream vacation spot! I keep telling my husband that I want to go see it.

::sigh:: Maybe one day.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I think it was built many years ago by ancient Druids for ritual. Is there magic and mysticism attached to it as well? I believe so. It's a special place and people that visit say the energy radiates from around the stones and in the center of the circle.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:03 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I have had dreams of being at Stonehenge during ceremoines. I know, weird, especially since I have never actually been there in real life. But I feel a tingly feeling everytime I see a picture of it. So, I believe that Stonehenge was used by Celtic Druids are a place of ritual and worship. They power from there rituals and worship services can still be felt by many who still visit this place.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:30 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I believe it was built by ancient druids for rituals and ceremonies. I believe it is full of energy and magic. Some day I hope to see it for myself.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:51 PM on May. 29, 2009

• New radiocarbon dates from human cremation burials among and around the brooding stones on Salisbury Plain in England indicate that the site was used as a cemetery from 3000 B.C. until after the monuments were erected around 2500 B.C..

What appeared to be the head of a stone mace, a symbol of authority, was found in one grave, the archaeologists said, indicating that this was probably a cemetery for the ruling dynasty responsible for erecting Stonehenge.

Some scholars have contended that the enigmatic stones, surrounded by a ditch and earthen banks in concentric circles, more than likely marked a sacred place of healing. The idea is at least as old as medieval literature, which also includes stories of Stonehenge as a memorial to the dead. So there could be an element of truth to both hypotheses, experts say.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:01 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I think it was a place of worship and probably does hold some very intense magickal properties.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:12 PM on May. 29, 2009

• if one believes it does then it does. They are simply amazing just in what they are never mind what they could be.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:20 PM on May. 29, 2009