8 1/2 weeks and I am suffering......

......with the most horrible nausea I've ever had. It becomes painful at times so severe I wondered a few times if it was normal. I can't function at work, I am exhausted. My retail hours are long (9 1/2 hours a day) and draining and I don't know what to do. I can barely eat and I walk around all day batteling the feeling I am going to throw up. Its horrible. I was told to try to take ginger supplements. Is there ANYTHING that can help this, I don't even want to go to work b/c I can't even deal with it. I feel useless because I can't focus on anything else except feeling like I'm gonna puke all day long.

BLoNdIe121679

Asked by BLoNdIe121679 at 12:50 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• there are anti nausea meds that you can take that should help. Call your doc and see if they will prescribe them over the phone. The fact that you have made it to 8 1/2 weeks is great becuase it typically stops at 12 weeks so you are nearing the end:) I was pulled off of work on bedrest for my hyperemesis (severe morning sickness) from weeks 7-11 with my first and 9-15 with my second. Just hang in there, it DOES go away. But I would definitely erge anti nausea meds. How is your weight doing?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:54 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I've actually lost weight b/c I can barely eat. I am going to call my ob right now and see if they can perscribe anything for nausea b/c I just wanna curl up in a ball and cry. The pain gets so severe sometimes I dunno what to do. It feels like the worst hunger pain you've ever had times 10, plus nausea at the same time. Its crazy.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 1:01 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Yeah, I would most deffiently call your ob. Some women do have that unfortunetly it can be all through pregnancy. but, they may be able to stop it or atleast not having you feel like that all the time. After all you must eat. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:11 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i was put in e.r because i had hypermesis and couldnt eat or drink cause d throw it up. it was horrible but only 0.3 women out of 100 woment get it.
    stars_silly

Answer by stars_silly at 1:54 PM on May. 29, 2009