Has anyone found a learn to draw Manga (anime) book?

My son is going to a birthday party this weekend and the birthday girl is very into Anime. Her mother recommended getting her a Pokemon tshirt or one of the other Anime cartoons. We may do that as well, but I think at 7, a tshirt might be kind of disappointing, so my son wanted to see if we could find her a how to draw book. Anyone ever seen any?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:52 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Shopping

• I have seen them at Borders, but the ones I have seen look like they are aimed at an older age group than 7. I'm a pretty big manga and anime fan myself - please leaf through the book before purchasing. A lot of manga and anime is not meant for children and the art represented may reflect more violence and/or adult situations than may be appropriate for a young child.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 2:17 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I've seen them often, I'm sure you could do a search on eBay or something and find one!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:54 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I know they have them at Hastings and I think there is one where you live. Also I have seen them at barnes and noble and boarders bookstores.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:41 PM on May. 29, 2009

• We do have a Hastings. Thanks!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:42 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I found a Kids Learn To Draw Manga book. It was at Hastings!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:10 AM on May. 31, 2009

• If you run short on birthday gift ideas in the future check out the birthday page  http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html   or the shopping page http://www.cjkidz.com/shoppingnew.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 10:42 PM on May. 31, 2009