what do babysitter have to provided to children they are taking care of

do they have to buy diapers and milk and there food if they are getting paid $12.00/ph for 3 children

liz0210

Asked by liz0210 at 1:03 PM on May. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, unless it's a daycare but a babysitter doesn't have to supply anything. If you chose for someone without a license to watch your child you have to supply everything. If they are licensed to watch children then yes they do have to supply everything like food and diapers.
    Anonymous

• They should not have to buy anything but gas. Parents should buy everything for the children. IF you do buy the child food or diapers you should get your money back.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:09 PM on May. 29, 2009

• No Diapers should be supplied. For 3 kids from the same family I would have them bring their own milk. I know my 2 kids can go trew a 1/2 gal in 2 days and the are 2 and 5 and I do not drink milk. For $12/hr for 3 kids the parent should also supple food. I think $5/hr per child is a normal at my house babysitter rate.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:11 PM on May. 29, 2009

• diapers should def be supplied by the parent, even daycares don't supply diapers. as for food and milk, it would depend on where the children are being watched and any special food requests the kids have. but for 3 kids and milk i'd definately ask the parent to supply milk or to give an extra food allowance per week to pay for the kids milk and food. food should be provided by the sitter if it is at their home, if its at the childrens home than obviously the parents should supply everything no questions asked
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:23 PM on May. 29, 2009

• In the parent's house, the sitter provides nothing and in addition her meals should be provided. If the children are watched in the sitter's house, then the parent should provide diapers and should include the children's food. If not, then there should be an extra fee for the food.

Answer by Bmat at 1:25 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My daughter goes to daycare and the only thing they provide is non nutritional food items like balogna, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, chips, juice, etc. Everyone has to provide their own diapers and wipes. I just decided on my own to provide DD with nutritious meals.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:34 PM on May. 29, 2009

• At daycare, you send in diapers, wipes and formula. Daycare provides breakfast, snack, lunch and drinks.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:33 PM on May. 29, 2009

• All a babysitter or daycare provider has to provide is a safe, clean and nurturing environment. Some center will provide snacks and meals but they don't have to. I have had my son at centers that provide all food including formula, baby food and baby cereal and others that provided snacks only and others that provided nothing. It doesn't matter what the sitter or daycare charges, it is up to the parent to provide diapers,wipes, and in some cases food. Especially infant foods.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:38 PM on May. 29, 2009

• On what planet is it the sitters job to provide food and diapers? This is the parents responisbility.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:48 PM on May. 29, 2009

• It's your kids, it's your responsiblity --so really you should be buying everything plus paying for their time unless you both agree otherwise.
    Anonymous