How much do you pay your babysitter? Not Daycare

Just wondering and how many hours and days they spend at the baby sitters. My sister in law babysits for us on Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 12:30pm - 5:30pm. We give her all my daughter needs since she's only 6 months she isn't eating table foods yet. So she doesn't have to cook for her, just prepare her bottles and feed her Gerger lol. We only pay her $50 dollars a week, I know some may say that's too little but she won't take that money half the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on May. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you feel bad about her not taking the money, etc. consider setting up a dinner date one a week or once a month and take her out to a nice dinner to help thank her. I'm sure she really loves spending time with your child which is the best payment :)
    Anonymous

• * I meant Gerber

Anonymous

• Nada. i have a live in babysitter. People frown on teen pregnancy but now I am 31 and my kids are 15/9/6/5 so there ha ha ha. Lol But before my son was old enough I paid $2 per hour per kid. But if she wont take it don't stress, all is good. Take her out to dinner or something to say thanks.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 1:26 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My SIL sits for us when we go on our yearly trip up north, that's 3 days. We leave her lots of food, and she's free to eat whatever, watch whatever, do whatever, in our home. She works during the day, so either MIL or a friend of ours watches him while she's working.. she stays at our place overnight, but has to go home to take care of her dog, and many cats. I don't remember what we did last year (that was our honeymoon...I don't think we gave her anything, just kinda considered it part of her wedding present to us....) this year, I think we'll give her free movie tickets or something so she can go out and enjoy herself with a friend. We have her over to dinner as often as she'll come, so we have a pretty mutually beneficial relationship.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 1:31 PM on May. 29, 2009

• $10 an hour. Since the DOL stays that a child care worker min wage is 9.79 hour bls.gov
    Anonymous

• I work as a caregiver at a daycare on an air for base (well, today was my last day) and I can tell you that we make about 14 an hour. However, when I babysit at people's homes I think 10/hour is a good amount for a trained person. If they aren't trained, you could afford to go maybe 8 or 9 an hour.
    acano87

Answer by acano87 at 2:56 PM on May. 29, 2009