What diet are you on ? Weight watchers, nutrisystem, jenny craig, etc and so on

I have been on weight watchers and I know that over the summer I will not be able to attend the weekly meetings. It is just too hard with the kids out of school. I am still wanting to loose more weight and need too. however I'm wanting to see faster results. I'm kind of bored with the weight watchers program. I'm curious as to what other mom's are doing to lose weight. What program are you following? If it's an online plan can you leave links to the program information. Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing what all you other mom's are doing.

MrsFancyPants

Asked by MrsFancyPants at 1:23 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm following my own program. Go to the gym at LEAST 4 days a week. I walk/run for about 35-45 minutes depending on how much time i have. Then i lift weights. I do one body part a day after my cardio. So far i have not lost any lbs due to the weight lifting. But my clothes fit MUCH better, I've already lost giggliness in the under arm area, & I feel GREAT! The main thing for me right now, is to just get my lazy butt to the gym. Now that it's been about a month, I'm concentrating more on my diet. Just choosing healthier stuff & watching my calories. This is the first time in a while that i have been so dedicated. I'm proud of myself!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:40 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Lose it fast, gain it back fast. When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans & recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 5:04 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I'm following the South Beach "diet"....I hate that word because it is more a way of changing the way you eat for LIFE! I eat great tasting, everyday foods that everyone in my family enjoys. I have more energy, I've lost weight and inches. Ten pounds in 6 weeks & 7 1/2 inches from my waist, & that's with even being laid up for 3 weeks with an ankle injury! It's going to stay off as long as I continue to follow the meal plan, but I have no reason to NOT follow it. Basically you eliminate unhealthy, empty carbs like breads, pastas, rice, and potatoes and eat healthy, full-of-nutrition foods like veggies, salads, lean meats & eggs, cooked dry beans & lentils, stir fry, high fiber cereals, non fat dairy, etc. I actually spend less on groceries since I'm not buying all the starchy stuff.
    I think South Beach has a website; I picked up my book (w/recipes & meal plans) at a secondhand store & I'm sure they have it at the library
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:28 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I use Sparkpeople and I lost 12 pounds in the first 5 weeks - even though I "cheated" several times.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:46 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I dont know about anyone else, but i thought weight watchers was such a waste. Well no, i take that back, not a waste but......................... why not just count calories? its more work to do cal, fat, fiber???

the easiest way, i think, is to count calories the old fashion way. Try not to take in more than about 15OO cals a day, if you do work out and no less than 12OO. Easy straight to the point and there is no thinking about it

When i was doing a "food journal" i was just writting down on whatever paper i could find, i was doing REALLY good.. i need to get back on it lol i just dont want to see what i've been eating its SOOOOOOO yummy

oscarandbaby

Answer by oscarandbaby at 11:04 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Thanks Ladies, I really appreciate your thoughts. I'd love to hear more from others on this topic also.
    MrsFancyPants

Answer by MrsFancyPants at 1:12 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I am using the Belly Buster diet and have lost 45lbs with it, it's awesome and I am never hungry or feel deprived. I still get peach cobbler, milk shakes and more. email me if you would like me to tell you more. sdwalker@texoma.net
    sdwalker

Answer by sdwalker at 2:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2009