my son isnt eating anything other then cheerios and wont sleep more then 3 hours a night... he used to sleep 10 hours. we are moving in 2 weeks and im not sure if he is picking up on the changes that are going to be made. we are exhausted. please help

my son is 1 years old... used to be a regular eater and sleeper... very defiant now

TrinaMonet

Asked by TrinaMonet at 11:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He very well could be picking up on the stress of the move, especially if you have started to pack things up....

Our kids were that little when we moved here and one thing we got advise to do was not back their room until the day of the move and make sure it's the first room to be unpack in the new home.... So they had one place that was familiar.... you know.

It also could be teething.... mine didn't eat or sleep will when teething... which was going on at the same too.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yes, it could very possibly be the "stress" of change in his environment that is causing his pickiness. Is he still on breastmilk or formula? If so, then he should be fine. If the choorios are his only food source, I would be sure to address that. Offer him other foods instead of cheerios. At that age, he won't starve himself just to be stubborn. LOL Also, make sure you provide him with an infant vitamin supplement until things calm down and his eating habits get back to normal.
    DivaMomCC

Answer by DivaMomCC at 11:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• doing groth sperts his habbits will change. sinc ehe is a yr old u can give him melatonin when he doesnt sleep. u can buy it anywhere really. its all natural and helps him fall asleep and stay asleep longer. a lot of times when there is stress going it can mess up our sleep schedules and we need a bit of help to get back on track
    hailnbray

Answer by hailnbray at 11:24 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• As for as the eating goes, every kid goes through it. My son ate only popcorn shrimp for what seemed like an eternity. My nephew would only eat bananas and my Godson, only peanut butter and jelly. They get over it when your almost at crazy!
    DylansMom1105

Answer by DylansMom1105 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I'll bet he is picking up on the stress and vibes from the move. We are moving now too and though my children are 7 & 9 they too are showing some unusual behavior because even though they are the ages they are they still can't quite figure out that it is stress and nerves from the move itself OR picking it up from the parents. I wish you some luck and you are not alone.
    Hugs!
    Shele
    SHELEBELLE

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 4:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2008