Why are some moms in denial?

As in moms who say "OH my little Suzy would NEVER do that" or are more concerned about other peoples kids talking shit saying things like "omg her daughter is sleeping around and look now she's pregnant or look she's doing drugs". It's usually those moms who are more concerned about other peoples children who are the bigger fucks ups .. just saying....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on May. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Some parents think their kids are perfect when they are far from it. The ones that are in denial usually have the worst behaved kids. I for one, know what my son can do and what he does. He has his moments just like any normal child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:33 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Because if they admited that their child might act in any way other then what is desirable then she would have to come to terms with the fact that she isnt the best or the most perfect parent. ...or atleast, that would be my guess with at least some parents.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:44 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I agree with the above
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 1:57 PM on May. 29, 2009

• They are naive? It's hard to say ,and the ACTUALLY do believe their child IS perfect and they end up having these prissy little snots that come through my drive through with their nose up in the air!"Mine doesn't stink attitude!" My children WILL grow up w/ work ethic-it is so cute!My 19 month old already is helping to pick things up around the house when I ask her.My 1st was delayed so I had NO idea they could do this stuff at her age!I don't discourage it .I know when they get older there may be fussing to get them to help out!
    Anonymous

• My BFF and I have VERY different parenting phylosophies. We both have teen DD's. Hers had a baby at 13. I saw this coming, and even told her so. We have a pretty open and honest relationship. I think she is too permisive and she thinks I am Hitlers sister lol. I did not bash her or say I told you so. I was thankful that my DD's got to have this experience because it taught them a lot about how fast your life can change because of sex. We used this as a learning experience. As long as I am close to my kids and they are living the way I think they should I am not about to bash others. What goes on in my house is all that matters to me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:45 PM on May. 29, 2009

• BLINDED BY LOVE.

Answer by older at 3:39 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I think it's really funny actually. I agree with "older": they are blinded by love. They need to take off the blinders...
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:00 PM on May. 29, 2009