Please give me advice these poor kids!!!!PLEASE

I have an aunt w/three boys 6,9,16. They live in a small three bedroom apartment w/two birds, 2 ferrets that run loose, a lost python (they have to leave frozen mice on the floor to find it), a 30 gallon dirty fish tank, a dog w/fleas and ticks. Their house is discussing there is feces and urine all over the floors, bed room drawers, and in their beds. They keep buying animals and losing them in the house. They even came home to hamsters torn up all over the floor by their ferrets. Their baby cat died after two weeks. I could go on…. It’s just traumatic for young children to see all this.

CONTINUED

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on May. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• The kids have missed so many days of school and all have poor grades. The 6 year olds note from the teacher said “he needs to do his homework.” He is six!!! Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that a parents job to help the child? The kids always have rashes and are always sick. The 6 year old was hospitalized and they had to do a biopsy of his liver and they still don’t know why he was so sick

CONTINUED
    Anonymous

• Their mother is on the highest fetynol patch possible, highest dose of methadone from the clinic she attends (she was addicted to heroin for a month the DSS report reads “Name has said she snorts 100.00 dollars a day of heroin”), and has sleeping pills she takes. She has sleep apnea and stops breathing over 40 times a night. The doctors recommend she gets into a detox center. They said all the pain that really does not exist will go away if she would just get off all the drugs. She has had every test done you can think of and nothing has been found. The kids see her fall asleep on the floor, the toilet, computer desk, while eating and smoking. There are long cigarette burns all over her house she just drops them and forgets about them. (Her carpet is fire proof but the linoleum shows all the burns) She slurs her words and goes off on random topics.
    Anonymous

• CPS was called originally by the school. Then through the last two years calls made by the doctors, schools and family. My aunt does not allow any family in her house with the exception of my cousin once a week to babysit. This is the only way we know what is going on. I called the police last time I went there six months ago, my aunt and I have not talked since. Little did I know the police were friends with her. They called her to tell her they were coming and it took them 5.5 hours to get there when the station is only a few minutes away. They said to me “it was one of the cleanest houses they have ever seen.” I did not know she was friends with them. Now I can never see my cousins. I told them if I gave them my name that might happen.
    Anonymous

• She has told her kids if they tell anyone one more thing they are going to go into foster care. She told them not to say anything to anyone.
    What do I do? I call CPS nothing gets done. I think they are friends with her. I love my cousins and I see them so sick and so sad. They are in such a bad situation. Other than calling CPS what can I do? I had guardianship of them before but she got it back with lies. One of them are going to get so sick, she will not take them to the doctors because just last week the doctor called CPS for the dirt and bruise marks on one of the kids. If they don’t get so sick from that house it will burn down. PLEASE HELP. Those kids need to be out of there.
    Anonymous

• Okay im done...... THANKS FOR READING BUT PLEASE HELP>>>>PLEASE
    Anonymous

• I'd call CPS again. Call them anon and tell them that if she gets any notice, she will clean it up. Heck if nothing else, call CPS regularly enough, and she'll keep the place clean just b/c they're coming. Unfortunately, as far as I know, CPS is really the only option. You couldn't even try to go to court to get custody or anything unless CPS was involved.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:44 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Call CPS, that snake alone can carry salminela and could strangle the kids, frozen rats( diseases) that is truely grose, that just makes me sick someone should call CPS and animal control on her, those poor kids.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:46 PM on May. 29, 2009

• POSTER HERE______I know but... I just want them out of that house. I even went down to the CPS office and told three people there and gave them a video and pictures. NOTHING they did NOTHING. I cry all the time about them i miss them so much and my cousin tells me all the things that happen and its just killing me i practically raised them. They are going to die if they continue living there. No one knows how bad it is and there is so much more....I just dont know what to do...
    Anonymous

• Call animal control, they will go in and see the state of the house and deem it unfit for animals. Then it isn't too far of a stretch that is is unfit for humans. The animal control should call cps and will have documentation of the living conditions. CPS will have to listen to animal control as they will have the necessary documentation..
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:51 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Keep calling and going till some thing is done!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 1:54 PM on May. 29, 2009