A Payback

If you could give one or both of your parents a gift and money was no object, what would you give them? or what would you do for them? Why?

sillyt

Asked by sillyt at 1:40 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• For my dad i would have a real wedding. He wasnt there when i got married in a courthouse a few states away from him. And he still wants to walk me down the asile to give me away. But durring the service i would have an empty chair in the front row with a rose laying on the chair for my stepmom that passed away 7 months ago.

For my mom i would take her on her girl trip cruse that shes been wanting to go on with me and my sister for a few years now. And i would pay for her to get pamperd the whole trip! Shes big on the hair nails and massage thing. =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:45 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I would hire a maid for my mother to come in twice a week and clean her house so she could work out in the yard all she wanted when she got off of work. For my father I would have my old room converted into a wine cellar, and stock it!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:46 PM on May. 29, 2009

• The maid sounds good at this time in my mother's life. Or a chauffeur. When Dad was alive, I'd have given them a trip to Hawaii.

Answer by Bmat at 1:54 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I gave them a grand child to love, thats enough. One was never around and the other......I'm not even going to go there. So I feel I gave them plenty.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 1:56 PM on May. 29, 2009

• To answer my own question: For my dad

I would do two things. I would restore his old '78 Malibu. He had this car for 12 years and it was the most reliable thing he's ever owned. He always talks about what a terrible decision he made the day he let a friend talk him into upgrading to something newer. His newer car is now falling apart and he's retired on Social Security and can't afford to buy a new one.

I would also buy him his dream '57 Bel Aire in bright red. That way he could have his reliable daily driver that he misses so much and the show car he was always too busy providing for us to afford.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:01 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I would pay off my Moms house and send her on a vacation.
    My Dad is Daddy Worbucks as it is so he is set, I guess I would buy him his dream car an MG
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:04 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Money for the best medical treatment for my Grandpa- he has Parkinson's.

Buy them a big house in our hometown- they had to move an hour away b/c houses here were too expensive.

New car for my mom- a '67 and 2010 Camaro for my dad..

So much more, lol. =)

dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 2:09 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I would buy my mom a house because she is an amazing woman and deserves it.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 2:09 PM on May. 29, 2009

• a house and maybe a new car.
    lienna

Answer by lienna at 2:10 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I would buy my parents a million acers in the middle of nowhere. With 4 big ole house spread out out among them, so all us kids can live around them and move the grandparents out there too. I would also give them all brand new fourwheelers and trucks.

His parent's I'd give $20 to and tell them to have fun blowing it on Cigs or gambling or something else incredibly stupid.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:33 PM on May. 29, 2009