What are some good snack ideas for 8 m/o?

We're going out of town this weekend for a funeral and I need some ideas for snacks, I feel like they will be my life saver for the car ride and any social situation (like the funeral) when I won't be able to feed her an actual meal.

We have gerber puffs, cheerios, and graham crackers. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance =)

julipickle2

Asked by julipickle2 at 1:41 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They now make baby goldfish, have you seen them? They are so little and cute. Little pieces of cheese, my kids love nutra grain bars, they are soft and good for them. Fig Newtons too.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:45 PM on May. 29, 2009

• biter biscuits, yogurt melts, etc. i would just look in the baby section.
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 1:46 PM on May. 29, 2009

• bananas...
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:53 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My DD LOVES cheese. We are going on a long road trip soon and I asked this same question. (My DD is almost 10 months) Some answers were, *string cheese *fruit leather/roll ups *fruit cups *gerber vienna sausages ... umm ..If I think of any more I'll pop in later. You'll need a small cooler in the car for some of these. I don't know if that was in the plan. You might want to take some juice for fussy times but not necessarily meal time.
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 1:55 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My son loves the gerber meat stick things (like vienna sausages), cheerios, cheese, fruit roll ups, puffs, lunch meat. I would stick to that for a car ride so it's not too messy. If you have someone back there to help then you can do stuff like bananas or strawberries, melon, etc.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:02 PM on May. 29, 2009

• theres a product out by gerber i think..... its like a mesh bag that u can put in some fruits or cooked veggies or anything really and they just chew on it and wont get choked cuz the food cant come out...but they;ll get the nutrients from the food. i think its like $6 maybe at walmart. and its got a hard handle to hold onto. my son loved it...its hard to clean some foods out (like bananas) but woth it!!
    doodlemoore812

Answer by doodlemoore812 at 2:14 PM on May. 29, 2009

• wow a lot of you women are feeding crap to your kids...fruit roll ups to an 8 month old?
    Anonymous

• TO: Anonymous response @ 11:17

Thanks for your answer! It was greatly appreciated!! What sort of CRAP do you feed your kid?!!
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 2:23 PM on May. 29, 2009

• lol anon :17...fruit rollups in the car is really going to damage them for life. You're so right
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:24 PM on May. 29, 2009

• anon they have fruit roll ups made by gerber that have a lot of nutrients for a baby. And please, if you can't be productive why even comment??
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 2:25 PM on May. 29, 2009