what do you do with your toddlers during the day?

do you take them out more or stay at home and do home activities? how much time out of the day do you actually get to spend with them? it just seems like i have so much to do between errands and house stuff that i worry that they don't get enough time with me.

that_one_chick

Asked by that_one_chick at 2:03 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• IM A STAY @ HOME MOMMY AND I FEEL THE SAME WAY SOMETIMES...BUT MY KIDS CLIING TO ME WHENEVER I DO ANYTTHING...IVE LEARNED TO LET SOME HOUSEHOLD ERRANDS GO TO SPEND SOME TIME SNUGGLING ON THE COUCH FOR A FEW
    doodlemoore812

Answer by doodlemoore812 at 2:05 PM on May. 29, 2009

• she helps with hosuehold chores. she likes to help load the washer or pretend to swiffer the floor

moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:21 PM on May. 29, 2009

• You can turn running errands into time with your toddler by pointing things out, explaining what's going on, etc. You don't need to be totally focused on the child for it to count as together time! Besides, toddlers need some time on their own too to learn how to entertain themselves (ideally without getting into trouble!). I do try to do cleaning and other house activities during naptime whenever I can.
    Anonymous

• im a working mom so i know exactly how you feel about not getting enough time, by the time i get home from work theres only three hours till his bed time and im prego again so i am sooo tired that if i dont do some of the housework right after work it just wont get done! luckily my son loooves to pretend to sweep the floor and close the dishwasher and stuff but i try to spend our quality time (befor my belly was too big) with bathtime and then story time right after. he loves it and hopefully i will get to be a stay at home mom after this one is born. =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:44 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I try to take my kids (1 & 4) outside the house at least once, most times twice a week when the weather allows to playgroups or the park. We generally only run errands once a week, if that..sometimes I'll save it till my hubby is home so I can run alone if I don't have the time during the week. So we watch cartoons together for 20-30 mins in the morning before breakfast, then clean the kitchen and go get dressed. Then we will just play with toys, read books, do puzzles, color, sometimes I turn on a kids CD so they can play and dance around while I try to get some cleaning done.
    MamaBuggy

Answer by MamaBuggy at 6:32 PM on May. 29, 2009