she is frustrating tus!!!

2.5 years old....we do timeouts, after timeouts we talk, hug..let it go..she's on a schedule, firmly tell her No, that is wrong...No that is bad...

yet for the past few months she just keeps doing the same things. writes on the walls ......dumps lotion and listerine into the sink, squirts out all of our shower gel, repeatedly gets out of bed at night anymore, makes huge messes. and she just will not stop. we are consistent....the only thing we dont do is spankings or any other physical discipline. its all verbal, timeouts, quiet time, taking away toys. and the past few months..she is just terrible two's all over the place. its so frustrating

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 2:15 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make her sit in time out longer or go to bed early. Sit her in her room for awhile. Make her clean up her own messes and then put her in time out. Don't let her up until she is done and each time she does it make her sit longer and longer.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:17 PM on May. 29, 2009

• lock ur bathroom door or put up gates so she cant get into rooms shes not suposed 2 b in... keep on the time outs. take things away and keep other stuff put up where she cant reach
    doodlemoore812

Answer by doodlemoore812 at 2:18 PM on May. 29, 2009

• ohh gates dont work..she climbs fast and good....and the doors lock from the inside hah.

i already put herin 5 min timeouts . and we do make her clena up her own messes.

just frustrating sometimes
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:19 PM on May. 29, 2009

• There are safety devices you can put on the doorknob to prevent her from opening the door at night or accessing rooms you don't want her in. Won't help if she's potty trained and has to be able to get to the bathroom at night but... I'd definitely lock up or put out of reach anything she can get in to that is hazardous. Sounds like she's quite the challenge! Stick with the timeouts and be persistent!
    Anonymous

• I have a niece like that - where discipline of any kind just does NOT Phase her 1 bit - and her mom ended up spanking her - I swear the child feels no remorse or pain. she's 5 and somewhat getting better but when me and my husband tell stories about her we call her the devil...lol!! or trouble... she's just NAUGHTY!!! i know that's not the answer but I don't care what books or advice people have - sometimes there are these type of kids - that nothing works with.. you could maybe ask her Ped. if she/he has books they could recommend?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:52 PM on May. 29, 2009