how do i get my 6month year old little girls gums to stop hurten?

mybb9306

Asked by mybb9306 at 2:16 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They wont stop until her teeth come in. Give her a sock with ice in it and tie it shut or an old rag. Frozen teething rings or fruit in the mesh bags will help. Tylenol for the pain and you can try teething tablets or orajel. But they wont stop until she gets teeth.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:18 PM on May. 29, 2009

• We used a combination of frequent nursing, frozen damp wash cloths and Hylands's teething tabs.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:19 PM on May. 29, 2009

• cuz with the orajel she still screams
    mybb9306

Answer by mybb9306 at 2:21 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Walmart sells these awesome teethers that numb the gum with vibrations, and help her cut the teeth quick! They are shaped like a star and you can find them in the baby section.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 2:24 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Don't use orajel, it makes their gums harder and makes it hurt worse. Not to mention it can cause them to not breath right if it gets in their throats.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:37 PM on May. 29, 2009

• so what should i do
    mybb9306

Answer by mybb9306 at 2:44 PM on May. 29, 2009

• wet and freeze a washcloth. Then, let her gnaw on it. Or a frozen bagel. Or Hyland's teething tablets.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:00 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Ok so this sounds really weird but I would stick a big peeled carrot in the freezer until it's really cold and then take it out and stick one side in hot water till one side thaws out and is room temp (so he has a side to hold with out freezing his hand) then I would give my son the carrot and put the cold part in his mouth and let him hold onto the warmer part. My son loved this, it's weird but it worked, but make sure to closely watch your baby if you do this because you don't want her to choke.
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 12:51 AM on May. 30, 2009