Does anyone else feel..

like they don't spend enough time with there kids? I've been feeling like that lately, but I feel like I don't have enough time, I work and the week ends SO comes over and never wants to go to the park or nothing, and wants all my attention, I try to take him out on my day off in the week, and when I get home at night, I read to him, but I don't feel like it's enough I want more time with him. I've been just missing my son alot lately, does anyone else feel that way

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on May. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Your SO comes over on the weekend and doesn't want to go out. Then leave him home and spend time with your child. Men will come and go, your children will be there forever if you raise them right. He is a grown man and needs to get over it, he can come over during the week after your child goes to bed. Your son should be your priority not entertaining a grown man.

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:22 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Put the child in the front row.....SO on the back burner.

Answer by EireLass at 2:25 PM on May. 29, 2009

• If your SO is uncooperative then I say his time is the first to get cut. You child gets first dibs on your time. Spend time with the SO when LO is in bed. I work too and I spend almost all of my weekend with my LO's. They deserve that much. While we are on the subject, your SO not wanting to go out or whatever to me is not a good sign of what kind of step parent he will be. Sorry, just sayin.

Answer by salexander at 2:34 PM on May. 29, 2009

• EireLass...that was perfectly said

Answer by mamakirs at 3:36 PM on May. 29, 2009

• You get to decide how you spend your time. Your child is your first priority, don't you think that this should be reflected in your actions?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:48 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I agree - I know you still want a relationship but there will Never be another relationship more important than the one with your child and you NEED a SO that is 100% supportive of that and your child.

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:31 PM on May. 29, 2009