When you see a missed call on your cell and along with that missed call is a voicemail, do you listen to the message BEFORE calling the number back?

Wouldn't it make sense to? It is very annoying when I leave messages for people, then they call me back a few minutes later and all they have to say is "Hi I got a missed call from this number?" LISTEN TO THE DAMN MESSAGE!

Sorry. Just annoying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If it is a number I don't know and they leave a message I listen to the message first.

I get this all the time where I work, I am a receptionist at a motorcycle dealership, people will call and say "Ijust got a missed call from this number" so I ask "did they leave you a message?" and they say "yea but I thought I would just call back my name is so and so" * sigh * so I have to say "well listen to the message and give us a call back because if I don't know who called you I don't know where to send you."

Would you believe people get mad at ME because THEY don't listen to their message before they call me.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 2:34 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I never call people back unless its important. If you leave a message for ME then I answer it and if not I ignore it along with the call. No message no call backs here. A message might get you a return call.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:23 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Thats what I mean...wouldnt you listen to the message?
    Anonymous

• i haatteee voicemails..unless they are important. most ppl's messages are this is so and so call me back. i knew everything they told me on the message before i even heard it!!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 2:25 PM on May. 29, 2009

• It depends on who it was that I missed the call from.. If its my mom I usually just call her back cause we talk on the phone a couple hours a day anyway and her message is always the same..."It's mom, call me back when you can" Any other time though I listen to the message first.
    Lovejoy0303

Answer by Lovejoy0303 at 2:25 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Yeah, I listen to the VM first, because I may not want to talk to them, depending on what it's about, lol. Plus where I live, I have really bad reception, and half the time, I don't know that anyone called unless they leave a VM.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:30 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I just call them back, like my mom and grandma always leave messages like hi it's me, of course I know it's you your number shows on my phone. I can not stand to listen to voicemails
    tuesday10

Answer by tuesday10 at 2:51 PM on May. 29, 2009

• No, it doesn't make sense for me to waste my minutes calling the voicemail just to hear "this is so and so, call back when you can". I have never received any other type of voicemail message. Usually it's just the sound of someone hanging up, anyway, because they don't want to leave a message that I would waste minutes to get.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 2:55 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Nope I am way too impatient for all that. I hate my voice mail lol. I only listen first if I don't know who called. If it is my friends then I just call back and say "you rang?"
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:15 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Yes, I read/listen to messages first.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:25 PM on May. 29, 2009