part 2 to the membrane striping thing

i posted a question last night about the membrane stripping and thank you to everyone who answered! ive had such a mix of answers from it worked for a ton of people and didnt work at all for others. im pretty sure ive already lost my mucous plug and ive been having period like cramps for a good week.. and 2 weeks ago i was 2cm dialated and my husbands finally home to have sex (he was overseas) so do any of you think that may help ME and the membrane stripping actually working? sorry my midwife is NO help at all.. i asked her this and she didnt answer it.

USMC_Elisa

Asked by USMC_Elisa at 2:23 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sex will help and the stripping of the membranes will help. I had mine done on 9-11 and had my daughter on 9-14. If they do it right and do it enough it works, if they go slowly over each visit it may not work as well. Just remember the more sex you have the better as the sperm gets stronger the more you do it. Fresh sperm wont help as much as a 2nd or 3rd ejaculation as it gets more potent the more you have sex. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY. Oh and the harder the better.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:26 PM on May. 29, 2009

• First of all, congrats on him being home and a big THANK YOU to him for protecting our country:) Your husband actually finishing in you should help your cervix start to efface (thin out) and if you are able to orgasm then that might help stimulate your uterus and start contractions. The stripping of the membranes just irritates you but I am convinced doesnt work and if it does... I believe that it is a coincidence (I am one of the ones that answered to the other question) Here is my advice... this was given to me BY MY MIDWIFE so I truest that it is safe ASSUMING that you are AT LEAST 37 weeks (if you arent then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont try this) go get EVENING PRIMROSE CAPSLES (I got them at walgreens) and put them INSIDE your cervix, they should help you to thin out even more:) Inserting them is more affective then taking them orally. If your midwife is unhelpful, maybe she believes in labor coming on its own
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:27 PM on May. 29, 2009

• are you at least 40 weeks or past your due date? you shouldn't have to rush getting the baby out. sex and walking our nature's best way to induce labor.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 3:46 PM on May. 29, 2009