When you miss a call and notice an unfamiliar number on your caller id...

...do you call the number to find out what they want? I hate it when random people call me and accuse me of calling them. More then half of the time we haven't called the number in the first place.

Now if I do accidentally dial a wrong number I leave a message that it was a wrong number, sorry have a nice day.

Do you call and badger people if they call and don't leave a message, and what is your reasoning behind it?

Nathskitten

Asked by Nathskitten at 2:26 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, I figure they knew as soon as they hear my voice mail they have called the wrong number. I do not feel the need to call and go "Um yeah, somebody from this number just called my phone" I think people who do need a life. Now if it happens repeatedly then I may call to discourage more calls.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:10 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I call the number back, I don't have a life so even if its wrong its still someone to talk to LOL
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:28 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I usually go to whitepages.com and do a reverse number look up where you can put the number in and it will tell you who it belongs to... if its unknown I don't call back.
    Lovejoy0303

Answer by Lovejoy0303 at 2:28 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I call back to see who it was. My reason is cuz I'm curious who called me. I wouldn't say I badger them though.

Anonymous

• No I don't call them back, because if it is important enough, they will call back. Unless I am expecting a call, and in that case I will call back a local number. But I never call back out-of-towners because it is usually a telemarketing company.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:28 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I call em back because i just changed my number and i get A MILLION wrong numbers a day so im trying to stop that and let everyone know im NOT who they think they are. LoL i get a lotta phone calls that go like this "Hello"(me)...."Where you at?(them) ..."Who are you calling for" (Me)...B*tc# i said Where you At(them)..So then iget upset..obviously they dont realize im not the person they need, and whoever had my number before me had alot of foul mouthed friends!!! VERY ANNOYING! and she Owed everyone on EARTH! bill collecters eat up my time daily!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:31 PM on May. 29, 2009

• If I don't know the number I do not call them back. If they wanted a returned call they should have left a message or a voicemal. If it is important they will call back.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:35 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I ask because there is a guy who has a similar number to my sisters cell phone. I have called him a few times and not left a message. His girlfriend has called me accusing me of cheating with him. She wouldn't listen to me that it was a wrong number.
    I just don't get why people would call back. If I see a random number on my caller id, I just let it go and assume it is a wrong number.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:37 PM on May. 29, 2009

• If it's important they will leave a message, I'll check it and then determine if I feel like talking to them. If it's my SIL I will text her, she gets diareha of the mouth and I can never get off the phone with her.

If it's a number not in my contacts, I let my voicemail pick up and once again, if it's important they will leave a message.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 2:51 PM on May. 29, 2009

• No, I don't. If it is important they will leave a message or call back. I don't answer any numbers that I don't recognize, are private,blocked or a toll free number.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:58 PM on May. 29, 2009