Are there any Obama supporters here who are disappointed in his policies? Is anyone scared?

Please, don't answer here unless you voted for him happily and willingly, but are now wondering what he's thinking. I was going to say to feel free to check the anon. box, but that would be inviting a lack of credibility.

callmeann

Asked by callmeann at 2:27 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, I'm not disappointed. I'm weary of the stimulus but it's only been a short time so it's not really clear if in the long run it's going to work or not. And why would I be scared? Why would anyone be actually scared?
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:29 PM on May. 29, 2009

• No,I'm not disappointed in his policies.But I'm tired of our state Senators and House of Representatives in D.C

No,I'm not scared. We live our life like we always do.Life can't stop because we have new President. It is called personal responsibility!

Anonymous

• The things I'm disappointed in aren't the same ones that the right are....Healthcare reform needs to happen NOW. He did tall of it today but I want that to be a top priority as that os the #1 reason people in America lose their homes.

I want ALL the troops home today NOT 18 months from now, the situation in Iraq and Afghanastan is NEVER going to be stable. Dealing with Al Qaeda is a CIA / FBI covert ops type of deal, not a nation building hoping to spread democracy type thing.

I want a "Truth commission " at the very least!

to name a couple...
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:36 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Yes, I am disappointed. He is turning out to be Bush-lite by keeping so many of Dubya's policies in the war on terror. Plus his corporatist leanings, like all previous presidents since Reagan. I am skeptical of all the spending he has been doing and not at all happy with the Dem Congress. I never bought into the hope and change rhetoric, always thought he was a politician but hoped having a Dem would show some real difference.

Not scared.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 2:38 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Not scared, but not sold on him either. I am in disagreement with Friday, I am happy that he is switching directions with the multiple wars and kidnappings, but in agreement with Friday that he is just as lobby driven as the rest of them.

The congress is a joke. Fat cats with zero touch of reality or true hardships, neither the republicans or the democrats do anything for me.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:06 PM on May. 29, 2009

• For the most part I am very happy with him. But I can say I was disapointed in him when he had that press conference where he answered the questions from the internet. Quite a few of the top questions were about legalizing marijuana to help the economy. He just cracked a joke and never even made a comment. That was disapointing.
    Anonymous

• To those who already answered that they are pleased, and any who may yet read the question, forgive me, but I addressed this to those who are unhappy.  I hear from people who are true believers and those who didn't expect to like him every day.  I am curious to see if any people who expected to like him are finding themselves surprised.

callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 6:53 PM on May. 29, 2009

• As for fear, for those who asked, the fear is because hyper-inflation is caused by sharp spikes in spending that result in printing of money and granting of credit to cover the deficit. Also, scared because China could call in its loans and they would own us.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 6:55 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Oh! and hyper-inflation crashes currencies. It has happened several times in the past. It can certainly happen again. Economics is a science as sure as are chemistry and physics. They compare very well. Actions have predictable and definite reactions.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 6:57 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I guess we all must be pretty happy since you did not get the answers you wanted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on May. 30, 2009