Wondering what contractions feel like..between that and my baby just stretching and causing me pain

I'm pregnant with my first child and I am just wondering what contractions feel like...like what can I compare it to, b/c I don't want to have my baby early and I'm just wondering so when that day comes around that I am in labor I know it.

isabellasmommy8

Asked by isabellasmommy8 at 2:32 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Never believe what you see on tv..lol my contractions felt like REALLY BAD CRAMPS..if youve had severe periods, youll be ready!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:34 PM on May. 29, 2009

• How far along are you? It feels like horrible gas pains and cramps. They start out far apart and get closer and last longer. When you can time them, they last 30 seconds and it lasts more than 2 hours after resting and you can no longer walk, talk or move its real labor. It goes all the way around to your back and you will know if its real true labor as your body will let you know. You wont hesitate to go to the hospital and you will either loose your plug, your water will break or you will notice a bloody show. Once your plug is fully gone it wont be long.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:37 PM on May. 29, 2009

• They feel like waves of pain going through your back, bottom, and uterus. You will know b/c they feel pretty horrible. I was surprised at how they made me feel like I was going to have diarrhea, like this bearing down on my bottom. Every time i felt one, I had this urge to run to the bathroom and sit on the toilet. You will know.
    Anonymous

• Congrats on your new arrival! How exciting for you. I have had 3 kids and am expecting our 4th in Sept. For me, contractions were like cramping down low (like menstrual cramps), but then my uterus would harden to where you could bounce a quarter off of it......like having a blood pressure cuff wrapped around your belly and gradually squeezing harder and harder. Check with your Dr. to see what his recommendations are for how many contractions in 1 hr you should have before going to be checked by L & D. Good luck and have fun!
    Amy Nichols
    Helping Moms stay home w/ their kids without selling!
    www.enriched1.com
    amynic

Answer by amynic at 3:17 PM on May. 29, 2009