What do you do when your teenaged kid Wants to go to a big party?

jill427

Asked by jill427 at 2:38 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Talk to the host, find out how many adults will be there, what they are doing, where they will be staying. Get contact numbers and call other parents to see if their kids are going. Get all the information you can and even go for a little bit to check it out to make sure you don't see alcohol or drugs being used.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:42 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Let him go. You have to cut the strings sometime.... I know its hard but just tell him he has to gain trust to get trust and this is his first time out of the gate so he best handle+ him self accordingly. Good luck.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 3:02 PM on May. 29, 2009

• No adults that I know = you don't go!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:30 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Make sure that he/she knows that if they are uncomfortable at any time they can call or text you to pick him/her up. I have told my DS to text me and I will call him with some excuse that I need to pick him up NOW and he can use me as the bad guy to leave. Also make sure he/she knows your expectations in regards to drug/alcohol use and that even if there is a parent there letting kids drink it is not okay for him/her to do it but they can call anytime and you will pick up with out a lecture until the morning. I think lecturing some one with a hangover would be more punishment than a drunk!LOL!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 4:57 PM on May. 29, 2009