For those who tan....

Ok so I started to go tanning just to get a little color so I don't burn all summer and my legs are noticeably lighter. I am assuming it's because I shave, but does anyone know how I can get them to be a little more even with the rest of me? Not that I am really tan or anything, I just have a little color so I don't look dead and embalmed like I swear I do in the winter! Please don't bash, I don't need to hear about how unhealthy and all it is!

mere417

Asked by mere417 at 2:47 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you use the lotion then alot of the time you can put it just on your legs and it should make them darker so it will be more even. But it dosnt always work. Other than that all i can say is make sure you shave before you go tan that way you dont do it right after you go.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:51 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I used to tan all the time, I think it was a great stress reliever and totally relaxing so no bashing here. I had to go a lot at first to get my legs to finally join the rest of my body. So my only advice is to stick with it eventually they will come around :-)
    Anonymous

• I agree on shaving before you tan, but shaving does remove a fine layer of skin which removes some of your tan. I had that problem too. But after awhile it all catches up if you keep on tanning. Also when you get out of the tanning bed, be sure to lotion up really good so your skin will retain it better.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:02 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Also make sure you don't shower for at least 6 hours after you tan. I know sometimes thats impossible, but the tanning process continues for up to 6 hours after you get out of the bed. Also try using a tanning lotion with a bronzer in it just on your legs, and a regular tan lotion on the rest of your body.
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 3:13 PM on May. 29, 2009