How much food do you offer your 7 month old?

How much do you offer and how much do they eat? Baby food or finger foods?

YoungTwinMommy

Asked by YoungTwinMommy at 2:53 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As much as they want. Watch for cues like turning away, pushing food away or crying. If they keep eating happily, then keep feeding them. Start with baby foods and work up to finger foods. A great first finger food is Baby Mum Mums...they're rice rusks and are safe as soon as baby starts eating solids. They dissolve in their mouths so they aren't a choking hazard. Once you notice baby start to gum them, try giving small chunks of banana, avocado, soft cooked veggies, cheerios, etc.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:24 PM on May. 29, 2009

• All babies are diffrent so you have to basicly just try and see what works for you and your child. My first DD was eating finger foods by 7 months old, but she would not eat baby food the only ones she would eat were squash and pears that is it. She would eat the apple sauce that we would eat. At 8 months I started ginging her foods that were soft enough that we were eating until 10 months old then she was on table food. She took a 6 oz bottle every 4 hours or so.
    My 2nd DD I started at 10 months on table food she was eating finger foods at 8 months. She ate babyfood. She ate baby cereal in the morning, then a bottle, luch was a jar of baby food and a bottle, dinner was a jar of food and a bottle, then the same for dinner before bed I gave her a bottle then cereal. She was like that since 5 months to 10 months. When she started walking though she went from a 8 oz bottle to a 2 or 4 oz bottle she wanted to walk lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:01 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I also wanted to add that my sister's baby on the other hand is 10 months old and does not and will not eat finger foods, what he eats during the day are cereal and a 8 oz bottle in the morning. Afternoon he eats 2 jars of stage 2 baby food and an 8 oz bottle, for dinner he eats 2 jars of baby food again and another 8 oz bottle, and for dinner he eats 2 jars of baby food and another 8 oz bottle. He also has another bottle before bed and has a couple more bottles throughout the day. So all babies are diffrent
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:39 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Emi eats ~2oz of coconut milk yogurt in the am and then 1-2 sweet potato cubes(i freeze in ice cube trays) in the pm with a tablespoon or two of homemade rice or quinoa cereal. Some times I skip the yogurt and just give her probiotics in a little breastmilk from a spoon. If you're nursing, always nurse first up until the first birthday. If Emi doesn't nurse well she doesn't get solids.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:16 PM on May. 29, 2009