Medicine interfering with a pregnancy test?

I am on Lamictal, Prozac, Xanax, Zantac, Albuterol, and the Nuvaring. However, I missed a few days with the ring. Can any of these meds interfere with a pregnancy test? I feel so pregnant. Also, my period is usually VERY heavy to start and this last time when I took my Nuvaring out my

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do you relize that your on uppers and downers? Is this question serious i have never herd of someone on meds like this.
    Anonymous

• Normally no. Usually only fertility drugs will mess up a preg test but only about as soon as they are administered. Which, since you are on birth control, I assume that you're not on fertility meds.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:04 PM on May. 29, 2009

• A) You shouldn't be on all of those prescriptions.
    B) If you think there is a good chance you are pregnant and they urine dip tests are not assuaging your worries then I would go to Your doc and ask for a blood test. It is much more accurate and you'll be able to tell sooner.
    C) I hope if you are pregnant that you get off most if not all of those RXs.
    Raven78

Answer by Raven78 at 4:34 PM on May. 29, 2009

• PS. To the anonymous person who replied. Those drugs can be taken together.
    Lamictal - Epiliepsy
    Prozac - Depression
    Xanax - Anxiety disorders
    Zantac - Stomach acid
    Albuterol - Asthma/emphysema
    And Nuvaring of course is for Birth Control...

I hope you have one doctor monitoring your intake of all of these. Also, if you are trying to get pregnant you should talk to your doc first and see what they say. Maybe there're some healthier versions for you and the lil one.
    Raven78

Answer by Raven78 at 4:39 PM on May. 29, 2009