Does anyone know medically what can be done to fix a weak bladder after children?

What I mean is- After having 4 kids , all which where over 8 lbs, I lose urine when I sneeze, cough, laugh really hard.to the point where I must change my under wear. The doctor told me ina quick conversation once that there is an operation because the muscles under the bladder get weak after childbirth and they put stiches in the muscle to tighten it. I cant rem.all he said because I asked him 5 yrs. ago, and since then I have had a baby and total kids 4. Its been a year now and I was thinking maybe Im ready to do something about this-since Im done having kids. What procedures/medicine is there for this? This is not a joke- this is a medical problem. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Health

• I saw an episode of the show "The Doctors" where they were talking about that. There is an operation or treatment for it. From the way they explained it it sounded like it wasn't a big deal at all, an easy fix. I can't remember exactly what is done, but they probably have a website where you can search past shows to find out what it's called.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 3:11 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Do kegel exercises several times a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:15 PM on May. 29, 2009

• It sounds like you're describing cystocele. My grandmother and mother both have the same problem. You should check with your gynocologist and see what they recommend.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cystocele/DS00665

Raven78

Answer by Raven78 at 4:19 PM on May. 29, 2009

• If you are interested in the herbal approach let me know.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 5:16 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Exercises wont work- the muscle is too weak-from having alot/big babies- I need to know if anyone --Older Momd hve/had this problem- Did u go to the doctor/operation/ device to prevent this? ( I asked this question)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 30, 2009