Does anyone have anything nice to say about America??

I can't help but feel many posters on this site have a poor opinion of America, many are from or live in America. Is anybody happy to be raising their kids in America? I am. People are still immigrating here from other countries to build a life so I can't be the only one thankful to live in a America.

Farrahann

Asked by Farrahann at 3:11 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am proud to be an American. I am active in teaching my children about the US and about the Constitution. Every summer I try and take them neat places and show them how every state has some importance in US history. We have done Jamestown, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Tennessee, Ohio, Kentucky, and Illinois.. This summer we are doing San Antonio, St Louis, and the Carolina's. I believe in this nation do not like seeing the free market being converted into a government entity. I wish others believed in this country and it's people. Too many, imo have lost hope and are putting to much expectations on the government to have the solution. It's NOT the government's responsibility. The responsibility belongs to We, the people and NOT they, the politicians.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:14 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I am a very proud American. My husband is in the military and they have a sating "love it or leave it"

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 3:13 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Im proud to be an american and so is my family : ) Have a wonderful day in america
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:14 PM on May. 29, 2009

• "Aint no doubt, I love this land, God bless the USA!"
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:15 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Ive seen poverty as a tourist- yes Im glad to live in America. Yes there are poor here- but we do try to help them, some countries its fend for yourself.
    Anonymous

• Yes I am damn proud to be an American! And any American who says otherwise has obviously not been outside the US.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:21 PM on May. 29, 2009

• VERY PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN, NOW MORE THAN EVER!

Answer by older at 3:22 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I am one of those that my heart swells when I see our beautiful flag waving in the wind.I love reciting The Pledge and hearing The National Anthem.I do not like our leaders at this time and the way we are going but I have faith in Americans they will wake up lol.America is the best country hands down.God bless the U.S.A
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:24 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Thank you...I just needed some optimism to offset all the negative hopeless posters. Nice to know some people are grateful for the spirit of this country.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:54 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I love America! O beautiful for spacious skies, For amber waves of grain, For purple mountain majesties Above the fruited plain! America! America! God shed his grace on thee And crown thy good with brotherhood From sea to shining sea! O beautiful for pilgrim feet Whose stern impassioned stress A thoroughfare of freedom beat Across the wilderness! America! America! God mend thine every flaw, Confirm thy soul in self-control, Thy liberty in law! O beautiful for heroes proved In liberating strife. Who more than self their country loved And mercy more than life! America! America! May God thy gold refine Till all success be nobleness And every gain divine!

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 3:54 PM on May. 29, 2009