I need a great fried chicken reciepe to impress.

I stink @ fried chicken- I use shake and bake, but my hubby says its dry. I cant make good home made -- what am I doing wrong- do u have a reciepe that can impress a picky hubby?

pamom222

Asked by pamom222 at 3:13 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have a great one. Ready? here it is....KFC
    lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 3:20 PM on May. 29, 2009

• if you are using chicken breasts i would go and see if you can't find some aunt jemima self rise flour there is a killer recipe on the back very simple and my husband and kids go nuts for it i have made it at family functions and everything never a compaint.
    Theresa09

Answer by Theresa09 at 3:31 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My sister makes fried chicken and all she does is cut the chicken breasts into strips and put them in a bowl of water, mix flour (all purpose) with a good helping of salt, cover the chicken in that, and fries it in a frying pan with crisco on about heat setting of...7. Everyone always LOVES it. You just gotta test the first few pieces to make sure you enough salt in with the flour, otherwise it will be bland.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:34 PM on May. 29, 2009

• You have to let us know how you make it and if he likes! :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:35 PM on May. 29, 2009

• mm also you could go to the store, pick up some chicken breasts, take them to the meat department and ask them to cube it for you. Take it home and make an egg/milk mixture to dip the chicken in and after that cover the chicken in Italian Bread Crumbs :) Then fry :) That HAS to impress.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:38 PM on May. 29, 2009

• http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/fd/56/0d/29677618-177x150-0-0.jpg

Thats a pic of the bread crumbs in case you did not know what I was talking about :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:40 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Edit: you need to cover the chicken in flour before you dip it in the egg wash
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:16 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Oven Fried Chicken:

* 3 to 4 lbs. chicken parts (breasts, thighs, drums),
    * 1 1/2 c. mashed potato flakes,
    * 1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese,
    * 1 tsp. paprika,
    * 1 tsp. garlic salt,
    * 1 tsp. salt,
    * 1 tsp. pepper,
    * 2 eggs,
    * 1/2 c. margarine.

Mix potato flakes, cheese and spices together. Beat eggs and 2 Tbsp. water with fork. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture then roll in mashed potato flakes mixture. Place in a foil lined cake pan. Melt margarine and pour over chicken. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, turn chicken pieces and bake another 30 minutes.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:34 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Country style Oven fried Chicken:

1 c. flour

2 tsp. garlic salt

2 tsp. pepper

1 tsp. paprika

1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning

1/2 c. milk

1 egg, beaten

2 to 3 lb. chicken parts

In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl whisk together milk and egg. Roll chicken in flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and roll again in flour mixture. Heat about 1/4 to 1/3 c. vegetable oil in a large skillet. Fry chicken in batches until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Put chicken in a large cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until juices run clear.
    michiganmom116

• Mine is really close to Michigan Moms. I love the idea of sealing the juices in with the initial frying and then slow cooking in the oven to finish it off. Very juicy.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 5:31 PM on May. 30, 2009