How do you find time to watch the news?

When I had just 2 kids I watched usually in the morning when they ate breakfast. Now with 3 there is no time. I never even watch mindless TV anymore. Another thing I am also wondering is why a lot of ppl on here want to put down the other ppl that don't spend every spare second researching and what not? I know it's important and I used to be very informed (politics have always facinated me) but now I am put down for being a busy mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have not watched the news for probably almost a year now. I am tired of hearing the depressing stories all the time, since that's all they seem to cover anymore. Also it is hard to find a news station that isn't biased and actually is legitimate in what they say. I don't judge anyone who watches the news, as I don't judge anyone who doesn't watch the news.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:19 PM on May. 29, 2009

• well-I guess it just comes down to how well one multitasks and can handle things to find the extra time.
    Anonymous

• quite frankly if they aren't talking about it on Sponge Bob I don't usually know about it!!!
    ivebcummymother

Answer by ivebcummymother at 3:18 PM on May. 29, 2009

• When I am folding laundry.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:18 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I have the local FOX affiliate morning show on while I get ready, before the kids get up. Other than that I get my news online from multiple sources. That way I don't have to sit thru the mindless celebrity/reality garbage and can choose what I want to know more about.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:23 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I listen to news/talk radio in the morning after I drop my daughter off at school. For my studies, I have a class that requires we stay informed on many current events. So~When I am at the gym, Cnn or Fox are on so I usually catch the headlines there. Plus I get certain news of interest and updates sent to my blackberry from various sources. I DVR O'Reilly and will watch his DVR'd shows when I am mopping/vaccuuming. LOL... Mostly I enjoy reading political books, biographyies, journals, other viewpoints...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:40 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i read news on line after the kids are in bed. I can compare different sources and not listen to the happy news (Penny the boxer was reunited with his family after wandering off? Yippee!) and the baby murderers (can't sleep after those) and who in hollywood is sleeping with who. (i'm just not wired to care).

I watch 'mindless tv' once a week on Tuesdays Biggest Loser followed by SVU.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:57 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Alot of us have older kids so we have a bit more time. I watch in the mornings and while i am doing laundry, Sometimes I turn in early and watch Fox. I love Greta
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:32 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Op here: I have 3 kids one in which just learned how to walk, believe me when I say I multi task allll day. I suppose when they get a little older I will have the time again and will make it because I want my children to be well informed. I want them to take an active roll in society. Which I will also be doing.

I get tid bits here and there from radio and look up our local paper most days so I guess I'm not doing so bad.

Anonymous