i think my daughter may have chckn pox....

this morning i noticed my daughter who is 3 1/2 months had little red bumps on her face... then i noticed she had them on her arms... and then her legs, a few on her chest, her knuckles.. i counted 21.. then a while later i noticed new ones that i didnt see before.. there probably is about 30 throughout her body now. theyre red bumpbs little.. im positive they are not baby acne. we did hang out at my sister yesterday in her backyard for about an hour but i didnt notice anything on her then, and didnt notice bugs around... and its weird there are more bumps after i noticed them before..
i am going to keep an eye out to see if she gets more, and then call her dr but any thing else i should look out for? anyone have any advice i could take? thanks :)

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:17 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She could have an allergy that is just now becoming noticeable or it could be little bugs called chiggers that live in grass that get on people causing little red marks. If they are spreading it could be a rash or chicken pox. Has anyone around her had them recently?
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:20 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I thought chicken pox started on the trunk/nape of the neck and was accompanied by a fever. This sounds like a heat rash to me.
    Anonymous

• im pretty sure its not a heat rash, were in arizona and people get them often so ive seen them a lot. she has them on her chest and back no fever yet, but i JUST noticed them so idk maybe it will come on soon?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:23 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Was she around someone with them?
    Anonymous

• you actually don't have to have a fever at all. Sometimes you do get one sometimes you don't.
    Anonymous

• not that i know of, but ive been out with her, places often in public....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:24 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i just googled this, and it says someone can get chicken pox from someone without that person even showing the symptoms of chicken pox yet. so she may have come into contact with someone that had them without you even knowing because they didnt have any bumps yet. you also do not have to get a fever when you have chicken pox.

i would keep an eye on it like you are doing, and if you notice more or anything that makes you think she is not being her normal self, id sched a drs appointment for her.
    Anonymous

• Go to webmd and you can see pictures of them it maybe heat rash i would call the doctor now but thats me.
    Anonymous

• People with chicken pox are the most contagious 2-3 days before symptoms appear. I would call your dr right away. When I had the chicken pox in 3rd grade, it was SO bad and I had SUPER high fevers. I missed a month of school. Hopefully if it is chicken pox, it's not a severe case. Best wishes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:41 PM on May. 29, 2009

• It could be heat rash...my DD is 9 months and has a rash on her back and around her chest...she's had it since it started getting hot....If you're concerned take her to the pedi and have it checked out...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:23 PM on May. 29, 2009