My 2 year old was up crying all night last night. He didn't have a fever and he has all his teeth so he's not teething. Any ideas???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• EAR INFECTION!!!!!! for sure take him to the doc..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:19 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Did he see something that scared him? My son (2-1/2) wouldn't go to sleep for 3 nights he was up crying until we brought him in our bed. Couldn't figure out what was going on. After the 3rd night I was reading him a book he got as a gift and he saw a picture of a wolf and started to cry. I remembered reading the story to him the first night he was up and crying. He thought the wolf was in his room.
    ivebcummymother

Answer by ivebcummymother at 3:22 PM on May. 29, 2009

• It could be an ear infection, maybe he doesn't feel good, he is scared of something, or he might not be as tired as normal. Does he have his 2 year old molars? I would wait it out and see what he does tonight and this weekend before calling the doctor unless you notice a fever or anything else odd besides the crying all night.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:27 PM on May. 29, 2009

• ear infection or tummy ache, I'd lean more towards ear infection.
    casd

Answer by casd at 3:29 PM on May. 29, 2009

• could he be constipated? ear infection sounds right cuz its usually worse when they lay down... good luck =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:41 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I thought ear infection and a fever went hand in hand - she said he didn't have a fever - ?? I D K! is he calmable and awake when you go in there? I read something about night terrors around that age - but they aren't really awake when you go in there - what did he eat before dinner? Anything different than what you would normally give him?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:19 PM on May. 29, 2009

• It sounds like night terrors. Did you recently return from a trip or have a visitor?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 PM on May. 29, 2009

• could also be growing pains.

I would also lean towards ear infection, but without the fever, maybe not....
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 9:03 PM on May. 29, 2009