What to do for a colicy baby bc of gas?

Anyone have any suggestions. My son is 2 months old and just became colicy. He has gas so bad and he is constantly grunting and straining. It's breaking my heart and not allowing either of us to sleep.

logansmom48

Asked by logansmom48 at 3:30 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MYCOLYN drops. (spelling might be wrong) give it to him 15 minutes or so before eating. Burp him more often, sit him up more while he is eating. When he is done lay him across your lab and rub from his butt up to hit neck in small circles until he burps really good for you. You can also try a peppermint candy in warm water. Use a rice sock on his stomach. Put rice in an old sock and warm it in the microwave for 20 seconds and place it on his stomach or a warm water compress. Massage his belly as well.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:33 PM on May. 29, 2009

• lay him on his back, grab his legs and slowly push them up so he looks like he could do a summer sault, backwards anyways, the knees pressing on his stomach should help it. Thats what they told me to do for my dd. ood luck, do you have mylicon drops, if not, get some
    casd

Answer by casd at 3:33 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Switch his formula to gentle ease, it helps with fussy babies due to gas and spit up, both my kids had this problem until we switched formulas. If your breastfeeding them give him those infant gas relief drops those also helped with my kids.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 3:34 PM on May. 29, 2009

• gripe water as well works. and I agree... burp about every five minutes after eating and then let him nurse as long as he wants after that. carrying with him laying facing down... tummy on arms helps. bouncing helps. I used an excercise ball to bounce with him on. Also my son liked to be carried in the wrap and it helped when he was colicy. see if you can find a good chiropracter for children. My son would lean to the side after birth so he needed to be adjusted like every week and they gave us exercizes to do as well.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:37 PM on May. 29, 2009

• ooh, formula is a good oneVasquezfamily, also if he's on a milk based switch to soy and vice versa, are you breast feeding? if so are you eating something gassy, broccili, beans, spicy food????
    casd

Answer by casd at 3:37 PM on May. 29, 2009

• OMG My son had the worst colic every. I suffered and he suffered for 6 weeks. I finally called the breast feeding office at the hospital la leech or something, any way they had this all natural stuff and she met me and the gas station by my house. I gave it to him and he stopped instantly. I cant remember now whats it called but call your hospital and they should you. I swear to god it worked like a dream.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 3:39 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Have you tried gas drops? my daughter had really bad gas at that age and we used gas drops and i had to change her formula to enfamil gentlease. I poor baby : (
    I know what your going thur right now the gas drops will work and if he can't poop then put about a 1/2 tsp of kero syrup in his bottle and he will poop.Only do it once in a 8 hrs period.
    The kero syrup you will find in with the bake goods(cake mix ect) Good Luck
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:42 PM on May. 29, 2009

• All these ladies have good advice, my son suffered from gas and spitting up till he was about 6 months, and it was really hard, I know what you are going through, hang in there momma
    Anonymous

• my son had the same problem.. put him on gentlease didn't help much so I used gripe water.. it is much better. the mylicon didn't work for him
    Anonymous