How to stop livin paycheck to paycheck??

im i the only one out there?? When friday comes, ive spent all my money on bills and food for the house... I need tires, hubby wants to take vac at the end of the summer?? How do i pull 5,000.00 out of my ass???

HottMamaRossx2

Asked by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:36 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Make a 3 month plan. Sit down and figure out how much each check has to contribute to pay the bills (and I mean everything from groceries to car insurance) and then take that much out and what is left is to be split between savings and recreation. Be prepared to not go out to eat as much or to movies. It will take about 3 months to get everything cycled through so that you are able to save even if it is a few dollars to begin with. NEVER dip into the bill money thinking you will replace it later. That money belongs to someone else. Set your bills up to be paid through the bill pay on the computer provided by the bank. You will find that you are beginning to save money for rainy days. Stop buying on credit. If you want it, save and pay cash (unless it's a house or car) Start paying off one debtor and then work on another. You still live from "paycheck to paycheck" but you don't mind anymore.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• No clue but good luck. Every check we get we go negative in the account by the time everything gets pulled out.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:39 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Highly recommend Dave Ramsey's book "The Total Money Makeover"! There is also a Dave Ramsey fans group on here... check out my page. Also, I recommend writing down every single thing that you spend money on! EVERYTHING!!!! Drinks and a candy bar add up alot when you don't pay attention to how often it is. You can also check out crown.org and there are lots of financial resources on there! You can message me if you want some more tips, but I really recommend that book! It will get you motivated and lays it all out for you!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 3:40 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Cut costs on things. Buy food from Aldis, Save a lot or the dollar store. They have great deals on canned goods, buy in bulk when you can and when things are on sale, don't do a ton of little errands wait until you have a list of things to do to save gas. Cut back on bills if you can, don't rent movies, use coupons, make meals instead of eating out. If you have money left over put 50 per check in another account. Look for deals on vacation packages, they are cheaper the farther out you book them. As for tires call around to salvage yards they usually have good tires they take from wrecked cars and they sell them cheap.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:41 PM on May. 29, 2009

• small steps! i'm nowhere near being able to throw money left and right lol but we manage! what I try to do, if we have at least $20 leftover after bills, I put it in our savings acct. it does eventually add up! it really came in handy a few months ago when SO and I were a little behind. we had just enough money in savings to pay for rent, which really helped us. his next paycheck was used for much needed groceries, whch would have been put towards rent then we eventually caught back up! maybe your hubby just needs to sacrifice his vacation or find a more financially friendly one. if he has money saved up, get important things like tires out of he way first and if you have to start saving all over again, thats just how it'll have to be.
    Anonymous

• Also, what about a "staycation"?! Are there any big deal things near where you live? We live right outside Savannah, so it's easy to do stuff around here!

Also, I would recommend making a menu so that at the end of the day you're not asking each other what you want for dinner and end up eating out. That's what we had to do!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 3:53 PM on May. 29, 2009

• What happened to your income tax money may i ask? i would of used that for tires and 500 dollars then put the rest in your bank like a cd so it will get interest. and why go for a vac when you don't have the money? i know if you buy a tent which is 30 or find one used and go find a place to camp which has grills and a bathroom that would be a cheaper vac then 5,000 which you could catch up on bill and not live week by week off the pay check
    Anonymous

• Hmm if you figure it out let me know. Its the same for us as well and we have a kid on the way.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 3:56 PM on May. 29, 2009