Pregnancy tests????

I took a test that said detects 15mlU HCG/ml. What does that mean????? Is that super sensitive, or not so much. I took a test when I was two days late, and said negative, but still no period. Now 5 days late. I don't know, but other tests say 25mlU Hcg/ml. What is more accurate. I did get mine at Dollar Store,lol.

belladonna29

Asked by belladonna29 at 3:41 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have no clue but it probably has to do with the amount of urine you need or the levels it needs to read. Buy another test if you think its wrong. It might just be a late period for one reason or another.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:42 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I guess Ive never noticed. 5 days late is the earliest you can test and still may say negative. Id give it another week if you think you are and its saying negative or go to the Dr. and have them do blood work.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 3:43 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I would just go get a blood test. They're more accurate and can tell a lot sooner.
    Raven78

Answer by Raven78 at 4:09 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I dont know i've never seen that on a pregnancy test. I dont think the dollar store is the best place to get a test either. lol. I got one of the ept error proof tests, they're expensive, but they clearly say either pregnant or not pregnant. I dont really have much money myself, but if you have to pay $12 for a stick you pee on and it actually works its better then having to keep retesting yourself using cheap no name brand dollar store pregnancy tests, cuz they usually dont give you good results. You can go to family planning, and get one for free, then u got have to even spend ur dollar!!
    holly082290

Answer by holly082290 at 4:25 PM on May. 29, 2009

• That means that the test is sensitive. The lower the number, the more sensitive it is to detect the pregnancy hormone HCG.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 1:02 AM on May. 30, 2009