Would you Consider me a bad mother?

Yesterday me and my almost 2 y.o. son were in the yard playing, when suddenly it seemed to me the dog got off his leech, so i turned my back to my son for a sec only to turn back and see he was gone. The door to the house was wide open so 1st thing I did, went in to check. He wasn't there, and that's when i panicked. I went out of the yard, ad saw him next to the road with a taxi driver holding him. I went to take him, started crying, I was shocked, the guy told me my son was almost in the middle of the road. I just took him and went back home to check if he was ok. He was. But the driver called the police, and now they are looking for me I think. The gate to the yard was closed, but we live in a mobile home and don't have skirting, so he escaped under the house. I couldn't sleep all night, I'm still shaking, I'm so scared. Am I a very bad mother? What do you think is going to happen next? I swear it was just a matter of a min

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hmmm.. He must be fast. I would not worry too much tho if they wanted to talk to you they would have knocked at your door.
    Anonymous

• nooooo not a bad mother! it can happen so quick! i'm sure the cops wont do anything but perhaps just check up on you and make sure everything is ok so they can close the case! but I would think the driver would have called them back to let them know everything was ok. try not to worry =)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:47 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Well I don't think your a bad mother but you should have taken your child with you to put the dog back on his leech. I never leave my kids alone outside of the house, I have gone outside to do some yard work with them inside but everything was locked up. Being outside by their selves is not a good idea, even if it's only for a second. Didn't you hear about that lady who was on the phone and her 3 year old was on the back porch and she went to check on him and he was gone, and they still haven't found him? Don't leave your child alone outside, take him with you. Next time you'll know to ALWAYS have him with you! At least you care, your a good mother just remember don't leave him alone!
    Anonymous

• I think for him to had crawled under the, make it out to the road, And have a taxi driver stop and get him, you had your back turned for several minutes. No I DO NOT think you're a bad mother though.I'm sure the police will just check in and tell you to keep a closer eye on him.
    Anonymous

• sweetie you will have more ranning and worrying i have 3 boys and my last son is 3 and i am still chasing. so no your not a bad mom it happens wait intil it happens at a store they had to put tires around my son so he would stop running
    Anonymous

• OMG "I NEVER" please.... I hate those responses... Grrr... LOL
    Anonymous

• No your not a bad mother! Things happen. Its not like you left him outside by himself for hours and he ran off. But i will say that if the police show up and talk to you about it just tell them what happened and they will tell you to make sure your more careful next time. None of this means your a bad mother. Just look at this as a learning experience.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:52 PM on May. 29, 2009

• That's all it takes is a minute.. Just know that you are a human and mistakes will be made. You are NOT a bad mother. Thats just my view.
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 3:52 PM on May. 29, 2009

• He was with me in the yard, all I did is turn my back to him, believe less than a min, cause we live next to the road, and he runs fast, so less than a min for him to get out there is more than enough, but my husband will put skirting tomorrow, and next week, we'll get a big privacy fence. My face is so swelled up from crying, and I have to be at work in an hour, I look like an alcoholic...
    Anonymous

• Nooo I don't think you are a bad mother. I would say just chalk this up to a lesson learned the EASY way. Be thankful your son didn't get hurt. Now next time you know that you can't turn your back to him if even for a second. It could happen to anyone, and it has! You weren't the first person this happened to and you won't be last. About the cops, if they haven't come to your house by now, I doubt they will come at all. But if they do, it will probably just be to make sure everything is alright and maybe give you a little scolding about the importance of keeping an eye on your kids at ALL times when they are outside. It's not like they'll take your son away or anything.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:54 PM on May. 29, 2009