Your favorite way to cook asparagus- does anyone bake it?? (Making this evening! Quick answers appreciated!)

I had some on mothers day that the lady said she baked. It didn't have a sauce or anything on it, but really great flavor. I don't know if she just seasoned and buttered it or what.

What's your favorite way? THANKS!

Nika75

Asked by Nika75 at 3:47 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I saute with some butter salt and pepper until its nice an soft! I also like it grilled
    Anonymous

• i love it cooking in butter in a frying pan or in the oven! only way SO will eat it too lol sometimes I add garlic yummmmm
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:48 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Bake it.. spray on Pam then salt and pepper.. 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees on cookie sheet..
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 3:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• We always bake it you can use pam or toss it gently in olive oil with salt and pepper like scout said.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:54 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Dust it with olive oil and grill it.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:55 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I roast it under the broiler...toss it some olive oil....put foil on the pan first. Roast it for about 10-12 minutes. Toss it with a touch more olive oil, I like the extra virgin cuz it has a stronger flavor. Add a bit of kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. A bit of darker spots is fine...it's the sugars in the asparagus that have carmelized.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 3:57 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I dust it with olive oil, sea salt, and garlic then steam it
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:58 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Can you believe I never had asparagus a day in my life? Unless my mom fed it to me when I was a baby....What does it taste like, I mean what vegetable is it similar to?
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 3:58 PM on May. 29, 2009

• sauteed with butter garlic and shallots yummy

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 4:03 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I steam it & make a cheese sauce for it. Very good.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:07 PM on May. 29, 2009