My 12 month old can't stop coughing!! He just vomited and is MISERABLE!

We just got back from the Ped, who gave us a prescription for an antibiotic for my son's ear infection. He has been sick, off and on, for three weeks. First with stomach flu, then high fever, and now cold like symptoms due to the ear infection. He just had the first dose of medicine with a cookie and couldn't stop coughing for about 20 minutes....the ped said his lungs are completely clear....how can I help him stop coughing?!?!?!?!?!?

TLALONDE16

Asked by TLALONDE16 at 3:52 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Health

• Warm tea, stay away from milk that makes the throat worse, try the broth from chicken noodle soap, this helped with my son's cough. Put it in his sippy cup it will make him feel so much better. Try to stay away from solid foods, give him noodles and soaps and things like that, maybe even pieces of bread to keep his little tummy full. But the broth from the soap should help his throat and cough.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 3:54 PM on May. 29, 2009