Exercise question...

Is it better to exercise in the morning, afternoon or night? What seems to be more effective? I want to TONE my tummy, butt and thighs... what exercises that I can do at home without any machines, to TONE these areas? I do have an opportunity to work out at the gym at my work but only for 3 days, any suggestions to get me toned? How long does it usually take to see results from TONING your body?

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 4:12 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i LOVE my exercise ball.. it was about $10 at walmart.. and comes with a guide to show you exercises....

worked great after i ahd my first DS
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 4:22 PM on May. 29, 2009

• IT IS ALWAYS BETTER FIRST THING IN THE MORNING, YOUR BODY GETS GOING AND YOU BURN MORE CALORIES ALL DAY LONG. LOUNGES ARE BEST FOR THE THIGHS, SQUATS ALSO. GOOGLE THE PART OF YOUR BODY YOU WANT TO GET TONED AND YOU WILL GET AN ASSORTMENT OF EXERCISES YOU CAN DO. I STARTED WEIGHT LIFTING ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO, AND I DIDN'T SE ANY TONING UNTIL LATE IN THE FIRST YEAR, MAYBE SOMEONE YOUNGER WOULD GET RESULTS SOONER, I WILL BE 60 THIS YEAR.

Answer by older at 5:01 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I am a certifed personal training. I think you should exercise at the time of day the you are most likely to do it.

Get 10 pound weights or fill two old milk cartons with water. Do squats. Check google on how to do them correctly. Hold the milk carton down by your side. Your goal should be to do 3 sets of 15. Start small. Do as many as you can in three sets.

For abs try plank position. Lay down like you are going to do a push up, but put your forarms down on the ground to support you. Stay like this as long as you can. Try to work up to 3 minutes holding and 1 minute break. Repeat 3 times. Crunches are great too. You want to make sure you do them properly. It is hard for me to see your form :)

Good Luck!
    mom2tands

Answer by mom2tands at 10:01 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i would suggest using the Cathe Friedrich pyramid system

OMG what a difference.

You do need various weights......... but well worth it
    oscarandbaby

Answer by oscarandbaby at 10:54 PM on May. 29, 2009