Dinner and clothes

My DD who is 3 absolutely refuses to get dressed so we can go to dinner tonight with her father and her sister and me. Right now she is in her tinkerbell 2 piece silky pajamas, should I let her go in them or forcefully make her change?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How about a compromise? If she dresses for dinner out in public, she can wear her pajamas to the table for a dinner at home? In fact, the whole family will make it a pajama party?

Not only will she get what she wants (some autonomy over her clothing), you will get what you want (you get her to dress for dinner in a restaurant) and you create a great memory for later in her life?
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:41 PM on May. 29, 2009

• id make her change

2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 4:21 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Who is the parent here? You told her to get dressed, and she said no? Make her get dressed, if she doesn't listen or takes the clothes off, let their be consequences for not listening.
    Anonymous

• there*
    Anonymous

• Well you could let her wear her PJs if you particularly enjoy the mutterings and stares of strangers who think you're a bad mother for not even dressing your child. Seriously, put some clothes on the child. She's 3, you're the parent, act like it.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:33 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Oh no, that wouldn't fly in my house...Im all for my son dressing himself, but he wouldn't be allowed to tell me no he wants to wear jammies to dinner. We wear jammies to bed, end of story lol. Thered be a consequence if he told me no to that situation.
    MamaBuggy

Answer by MamaBuggy at 6:33 PM on May. 29, 2009