I had my HCG Levels done, doctor said they are fine?

I had my HCG levels checked on Tuesday and when I finally got the results she said they were 577. She said that put me anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks pregnant. Everyone else I talk to there's were much higher!! My doc said that my levels were good. I have to go back next tuesday to get them drawn again. But I am worried. I had a m/c back in '05 but then had a healthy pregnancy after that, he is now 3!! I guess I am just freaking out!! By LMP I am 6 weeks 4 days today. She won't do an ultrasound till my levels are over 1000! I am hoping that they sky rocket by the time I get them done next time!!! Just wanted some advice!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well they are suppose to double every 24-48 hours so if you re-test on Tues then your levels should be over 1000 so you should get your ultrasound:) I am a day behind you... I am 6 weeks 3 days!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:27 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I miscarried in Feb and got preg right away in March. I had my hCG drawn every 3 days for quite a while. It's not so much exactly WHAT your number is, but the change in number. It should double about every 3 days. The actual RANGE of a normal hCG level at each week is really big. Check out this link. http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html

Sticky bean vibes to you momma!
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 4:29 PM on May. 29, 2009

• They wont do an u/s until they are 1000, becasue there is usually no heartbeat until your levels are above 1000. That would only scare you more if you went in and thought that you were going to m/c again and you really just were not far enough along yet. This website betabase.info can give you all the ranges of hcg levels for the different days/weeks past ovulation. It really does vary greatly.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 5:30 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I do think your numbers are low for over 6w... are you sure of the dpo? It is more likely around a 4w number.
    Anonymous