where do i take dh to get heart and other things checked out?

Ok my husband has recently been having some pretty severe chest pains and its taking longer and longer for it to go away and he also says it hurts like all the way up into his teeth! I am terrified that its his heart. His blood pressure has been up but his regular always says we will just watch it and if it stays high we will put you on medication. Well he has said that like 10 times. Well my question is where would you take him I mean are there places that can just check to see if something is wrong. I thought about taking him to the ER when his chest started hurting but my grandad went and they told him it was gas when in fact it was a heart attack.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Health

• Is there a different er you could go to?if you don't then make an apt with his doc.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 4:56 PM on May. 29, 2009

• If you don't have a regular doctor, get one and take him there, that would be a start. You will probably have ot have a referral to see a heart doc, so you'd have to start somewhere. If the chest pain comes back before then, give him an aspirin and take him to the ER. Good luck

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:58 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I'd take him to the Er next time he starts having chest pains. It is very possible to have a heart attack at a young age. My hubby had one at 34, he was actually very lucky. His didn't start with chest pain and if he hadn't just lost a co-worker 6 months earlier to a heart attack he would have gone home to bed instead of the hospital. He was caught early and had no damage to his heart, but it could have been much worse.

It could be angina which is very painful, but doesn't harm the heart. It can be managed with nitro, if it is angina a nitro pill will relieve the pain. I'd also be looking for a second opinion on the high blood pressure. But unless he is seen during an episode, they won't really know what's happening, he needs to been seen and the sooner the better. If they try to say it's just gas, don't accept that, insist on heart tests, it could save his life.

Good luck.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:01 PM on May. 29, 2009

• If you are interested in the herbal approach let me know!
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 6:29 PM on May. 29, 2009