How do I move on?

My mother and I have never had a good relationship due to her favoritism towards my brother since he was, the emotional abuse she has laid on me and emotional abuse she has let me endure at the hands of my brother.I don't think she is ever going to admit or realize that what she did and what she allowed to go on was wrong. How do I get past this? can I? Should I just break total contact with her (not hard since I live several states away) and pretend she never existed so I can get on with my life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• What it comes down to is if you think you need that kind of crap in you life. If not then I would cut contact and live your life to the fullest. Life is to short for that crap! I wish you the best!

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 5:43 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I think you should talk to a counselor.
    Anonymous

• OP-We don't have any insurance of money to cover that.
    Anonymous

• NOW THAT YOU ARE A MOTHER YOURSELF DO YOU REALLY THINK SHE FAVORED YOUR BROTHER? SOMETIMES ALL WE PARENTS HAVE WITH OUR PARENTS IS DIFFERENT RELATIONSHIPS DUE TO THEIR INDIVIDUAL CHARACTER, NOT NECESSARILY FAVORISTISM.

Answer by older at 5:06 PM on May. 29, 2009

• OP-Yes. It is definitely favoritism and It still is. And now that I am a mother I don't understand how or why she would treat some one she is suppose to love the way she has treated me and still does.
    Anonymous

• I would have to say YES - Move on - How,. by cutting her out of your life. If she was truly this awful then why keep her in your life. that's unnecessary drama you CAN let go of. Why keep her in your life if it only causes you pain anger and hurtful feelings.. just learn from what she taught you and be SO Much better of a mother to your little one/s
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:49 PM on May. 29, 2009

• do you go to church? A lot of pastors due free counseling. . .
    Anonymous

• Well, I'm not experiencing this with my Mom, but I'm going through it with my Father.
    and as much as it hurts me, I can't endure it anymore, and I'm done with it. I'm moving on with my life (that he hasn't been much part of anyway). I don't need him anymore than he needs me (which he's made it obvious he doesn't).

So, I'm moving on! I have PLENTY of other people in my life that love me!

p.s. If you need someone to talk to you can PM me. =]
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 6:24 PM on May. 29, 2009

• You should never lose contact with your mother. You only have One! i know that you can butt heads with her but at the end of the day she is still your mother. She might not be the greatest mother in your eyes. I dont know your background. But some mother's are mean to their daughter just because they are girls. I hope one day ya can have a decent conversation .

Please let me know if you need some one to talk to.
    Sophieboo

Answer by Sophieboo at 6:31 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Always respect your mother because she is your mother.

Do to no fault of your own things happened in your life, whether your mother admits it or not, it hurts you.

Do not allow your mother to affect your life like this, you are an adult and make your own choices, if you need a break then take one.

Your local health department should be able to lead you to a counselor who will counsel you for free or for a small fee.

I been through the same or worse with my mom. You have to let it go
    Tinamarie79

Answer by Tinamarie79 at 6:39 PM on May. 29, 2009