For bf'ing moms.

What did you do when your baby started sleeping longer in the night? Didn't you get engorged? My baby just barely started sleeping longer at night at 12 wks. and this morning I was so engorged! Did it just go away eventually? I've been used to feeding her every 2-3 hrs. at night.

danielp

Asked by danielp at 4:56 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest slept through the night at 7 weeks. Yeah, if you end up skipping a feeding you will get engorged, but your body will adjust eventually.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:05 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Yep, it can be very uncomfortable. It doesn't last long though, your body will adjust if she keeps it up.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 5:06 PM on May. 29, 2009

• That happend with me when my son started sleeping through the night, when I would wake up in the morning it felt like I had two boulders on my chest and talk about painful, anyway the one thing I started doing to help it not be so bad was I would nurse him right before I went to bed that way I guess you could say I would empty out so I wouldnt be so full in the morning, also he wakes earlier than I do in the morning to nurse so I just nurse him again them, honestly if it got too bad I would just let him nurse in his sleep to release some of the pressure, sorry I cant be more help, but I am nine month into bf and still have that problem in the mornings
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:06 PM on May. 29, 2009

• IF he stays on a steady sleep pattern your body will adjust and you wont have that problem, but if your sometimes feeding him in the middle of the night and sometimes not, sometimes at this time and sometimes at that time ect.... then you may have the problem for a while.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 5:18 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I would wake up soaking wet in the morning if she slept that long but it regulates....not she pretty much sleeps through the nite at 9 months old and Im lucky if I pump 3 oz. in the morning =(
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:18 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Your body adjusts to what your baby demands.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:55 PM on May. 29, 2009