No more baby food??

My daughter is about to turn 11mos. She is pretty active and doesn't really like to sit still for long now that's she's crawling, pulling up and trying to walk.. Esp. when big sis comes home. She used to be the best eater, But. in the past 2 weeks, her interest in baby food has decreased. She won't sit still and will whine to daddy until he gives up on feeding her and gives her the bottle. I'm wondering if I should discontinue baby food and just give her the finger foods, since she likes to sit there and feed herself more lately. I didn't have this issue with her sister at all, so it's sorta new to me. I am a preK teacher, so I know that when trying new things, they resist a bit. Esp. if while I'm at work, Daddy is giving in anyway. But I really want to be sure that she'll be getting enough nutritional value from the finger foods, if I stop with stage 2s and 3s.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is almost 11 months and I'm trying to incorporate more table foods into her diet. Soon she will be off of formula and all of her nutrients will need to come from regular foods. She still isn't feeding herself though, so I just feed her whatever I am eating. I wish she would start feeding herself finger foods already.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:09 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My daughter was off baby food about 10 months. We satarted her on the gerber graduates..there like pastas and stuff. She did ok with those for a few weeks but got tired of them. THen we started to chop up foods we ate for her. She can get just as much nutrition from hand chopped green beans as the baby food green beans :) Just chop or cut or mash everyhing you eat. Just be sure she still gets her formula untill shes transitioned to whole milk.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 5:11 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Also, if you are preparing her food you can start to make things more bite size or solid to start getting her to chew her foods.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 5:13 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Sure...you can steam Zucchini, cut up avocado, pear, baked apples, spinach...my DD would much rather feed herself. the only thing she will gladly take when it comes to baby food is prunes =).....She's 9 months and loves the veges when I steam them.....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:25 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Our three boys were eating all table foods at 9 months. They ate everything we ate, I just fixed a little plate for them and they went to town.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:41 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Jarred babyfood is nasty, have you ever tasted it?
    www.superbabyfood.com has great recipes for feeding babies, toddlers and their parents.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:24 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I've started to give my son who is 10 months old more tablefoods. I just mash up cooked veggies, shred up pieces of chicken and pork or give him small pieces of cheese or crackers. He likes the finger foods too, but I end up giving him some of those as I am feeding him with a spoon, because he really likes to feed himself and keeps grabbing at the spoon. And the jar food is kind of bad tasting.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 10:38 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My DD is 9 1/2 mo and does not want her baby food anymore either. She wants all table food and will sometimes not even let me feed her. They grow up too fast. She eats whatever we are eating and only has 2 teeth to chew with but she has sandwiches cut up into little pieces and feed them to herself, cooked/canned veggies, some fruits, flavored applesauces are her fav. Just start introducing new things and she will adjust accordingly!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 10:39 PM on May. 29, 2009