Peanutbutter and breastfeeding, not good?

I've heard it both ways now that peanutbutter is okay to eat while breastfeeding and that it is not. What's the truth? I've been eating it and breastfeeding. What will my DD have problems with?

wtfarmmom

Asked by wtfarmmom at 5:11 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never heard that it was bad...if that was the case then WIC wouldn't give breast feeding moms peanut butter on the checks. I don't think it's bad at all, I ate it with all 4 of my girls and they are just fine.
    Rosalie29

Answer by Rosalie29 at 5:12 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I agree with Rosalie29....I was going to say the same thing
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 5:14 PM on May. 29, 2009

• It's actually one of the best sources of protein while you are breastfeeding...I eat it all the time.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:17 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Its perfectly fine to eat peanutbutter while breastfeeding. You can eat almost anything infact, as long as your DD isn't sesnitive to it (for example I had to cut out dairy and gassy foods for the first 3 months of my son's life, but after that he was fine if I ate anything)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:19 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Rumor has it there is a slight possibility that eating peanut butter while pregnant and/or breastfeeding MIGHT lead to a peanut allergy.

But it's a "rumor". There's no conclusive evidence either way.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:40 PM on May. 29, 2009

• People are peanut paranoid, they have NO idea what leads to a peanut allergy. So eat peanut butter
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:43 PM on May. 29, 2009

• thanks! you have put my mind at ease! How can we worry about so many things? I saw a show on TV and that's what brought it up.
    wtfarmmom

Answer by wtfarmmom at 9:52 AM on May. 30, 2009