Death in the family... didn`t really know where to put this.

My husbands Uncle by marriage died today, my husband wants to continue his plans for the weekend (to keep his mind off), is this wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I am so sorry for your loss.
    No, it is not wrong. Everyone has their own way to deal with grief. I remember when my Hubs brother passed away from cancer. We had plans to go to a German festival that weekend, and my hubs did not want to cancel out. He did not see what staying home and being sad would do, he felt the best way to honor his brother was to go out have fun and enjoy life. His brother was someone who lived life to the fullest and would have been the 1st one to tell hubs to go to GermanFest and have fun.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:00 PM on May. 29, 2009

• no-he probably isnt ready to deal with it yet. i would let him continue his plans and let him grieve in his own time.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:19 PM on May. 29, 2009

• btw-sorry for your family's loss
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:20 PM on May. 29, 2009

• well, he should grieve sometime but don't force him to do anything. Just be available for him when he's ready. Thats what I would do anyways.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:21 PM on May. 29, 2009

• People each grieve in their own time and place. Let your husband guide you in how he needs to deal with the loss.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:26 PM on May. 29, 2009

• maybe that's just his way of coping...might not necessarily be wrong. let him do what he feels comfortable with but i would still encourage him to go to the funeral or any other family plans. Sorry for your loss.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:26 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Trying to figure out what is 'wrong' for someone else is a slippery slope to be on. Be there to support him and let him grienve in his own way
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:27 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I am very sorry for the loss in your family.

Men grieve different than woman, just let him know you are there for him and support him. Let him go on with his plans and when he is ready he will come to you.
    Tinamarie79

Answer by Tinamarie79 at 6:32 PM on May. 29, 2009

• no it's not wrong. Ppl deal with grief the way that works for them. I'm sure his uncle by marriage wouldn't want him sitting around crying and being depressed. Life is for living. I'm sure every dead person would tell you that if they could. Life every minute of it like it's your last.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:45 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Thanks all of you so much, we did go ahead with plans and this helped both of us cope much better. We to know that is is better then mopping around, because anytime we stoped doing anything all I did was get depressed and cry, so staying busy helped.

I am so greatful for CM memberes that has been such great support in all my needs.

Thanks Ladies.. Huggs.
    Gamerchick

Answer by Gamerchick at 7:18 PM on May. 31, 2009